Is there going to be a Japanese edition of Nonetheless?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Is there going to be a Japanese edition of Nonetheless?

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I was thinking back to how when we last only got a "long version" of a b-side on the opening single ("The Way Through The Woods" on "Winner") that the shorter version appeared exclusively on the Japanese edition of the album.

Which led me to wonder if there'd be a Japanese version of "Nonetheless" and whether "Through You" might appear there?

A quick scan of online Japanese stores however only shows "import" editions, which for them, would be non-Japanese pressings.

Any word from anyone about whether there's any Japanese pressings (of either singles or the album) planned in this current era?

Thanks, and apologies if this has been covered somewhere in another "Nonetheless" topic.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

trafaelwyr

Re: Is there going to be a Japanese edition of Nonetheless?

#2 Post by trafaelwyr »

You would hope so, given that there was a Japanese release for Hotspot. I'm willing to bet that Party In the Blitz will be one of the bonus tracks if there is a Japanese release. Also, it may be a 2 CD affair given what we already know about the European release.

MikeyC

#3 Post by MikeyC »

If so, I think a grey frosted rice paper Obi strip would look amazing! 😎

df118junkie

#4 Post by df118junkie »

WPCR-18664/5

2CD

It is listed on the Warners Japan site and HMV Japan. Its showing as ‘currently not available’ on Amazon.co.jp

Wish

#5 Post by Wish »

No JP bonuses. Another missed opportunity. Unfortunately I'll skip this purchase again :(

df118junkie

#7 Post by df118junkie »

CD Japan have told me that they are not allowed to list it as the record label have blocked it from being sold overseas.

It looks like we will need to use third parties.

Kandu

#8 Post by Kandu »

df118junkie wrote: Tue 05 Mar 2024, 1:03 am CD Japan have told me that they are not allowed to list it as the record label have blocked it from being sold overseas.

As long as it is made in Japan and it includes as well some bonuses, that will be fine. The "Japanese Smash" was made in Germany and if I remember correctly it didn't have any bonuses.

df118junkie

#9 Post by df118junkie »

Kandu wrote: Tue 05 Mar 2024, 6:18 pm
df118junkie wrote: Tue 05 Mar 2024, 1:03 am CD Japan have told me that they are not allowed to list it as the record label have blocked it from being sold overseas.

As long as it is made in Japan and it includes as well some bonuses, that will be fine. The "Japanese Smash" was made in Germany and if I remember correctly it didn't have any bonuses.
This looks like it’s the same as the regular 2CD version.

I managed to order a copy via HMV.co.jp - so we’ll see what happens.