This thread is to talk about the b-sides of Loneliness

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Kandu

Re: This thread is to talk about the b-sides of Loneliness

#46 Post by Kandu »

Vince wrote: Thu 01 Feb 2024, 8:54 am I agre Through You is fantastic. Should've been the A side
I agree!!!

Jose

telys

#47 Post by telys »

Ghost within this house wrote: Wed 07 Feb 2024, 8:39 pm
TallThinMan wrote: Wed 07 Feb 2024, 3:01 pm Who do we think ‘Through You’ is about?
I would put good money on it being from the musical - Naked. Seeing ‘right through you’ fits thematically with the emperor’s new clothes - this would explain the extended mix: the standard length being what appears in the musical…
Nah, probably the extended mix is what would appear in the musical. A long introduction etc. The 7'' mix is what could've been released as a single from the musical (if it will be a musical, we don't really know, do we?)
----
You've got me all wrong

Ghost within this house

#48 Post by Ghost within this house »

As in all things, Telys, you know best...
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

trafaelwyr

#49 Post by trafaelwyr »

I quite enjoy listening to the b-side songs more than I do listening to Loneliness. Sometimes PSB don't always pick the best first single to release - and this is the case. The song Loneliness has that same vibe as Requiem In Denim And Leopardskin.

telys

#50 Post by telys »

Ghost within this house wrote: Thu 08 Feb 2024, 11:34 am As in all things, Telys, you know best...
Hats off to somebody who appreciates my humble omniscience.
----
You've got me all wrong

billjermaine

#51 Post by billjermaine »

joe stalin wrote: Fri 02 Feb 2024, 11:12 am
As for Loneliness

I keep on singing 'searching for a face of Jesus' and 'one way street'. It's ok. Right now Ok is good 7/10.
Funny you mention this .. I keep hearing Searching for the face of Jesus guitar loop in Party in the Blitz. I don’t know why people are saying this sounds new from them .. if you listen to these 2 side by side they could’ve come out of the same session.

Constantin V.

#52 Post by Constantin V. »

I like the single more and more every day. The hooks to the end of the song are cool.

Through you - consists of three parts and the first sounds in the style of Depeche mode.
Party in the blitz - is a great bass guitar. The melody and intonation of the singing almost completely repeats the Russian song of the rock band (Mumiy Troll - Vladivostok 2000)

I liked all 3 songs, but I like absolutely all the PSB songs. I get bored with songs: always on my mind, it's a sin, go west, love, etc.

Drico One

#53 Post by Drico One »

Through You really soars. Tremendous melody in there too. They must have really fallen out with Elton.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Pod

#54 Post by Pod »

I can see why they are b-sides.
Through You is decent, but in no way single material in my humble opinion.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

michael888

#55 Post by michael888 »

Drico One wrote: Tue 13 Feb 2024, 10:15 am Through You really soars. Tremendous melody in there too. They must have really fallen out with Elton.

Drico.
You think this song is about Elton John?
A small voice of calm and reason.

raggatwin

#56 Post by raggatwin »

Through You is a soft left anthem
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Drico One

#57 Post by Drico One »

michael888 wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 1:59 am
Drico One wrote: Tue 13 Feb 2024, 10:15 am Through You really soars. Tremendous melody in there too. They must have really fallen out with Elton.

Drico.
I must admit, his was the first name which came to mind, for some reason, as I listened to this for the first time. The whole Elton/PSB conscious decoupling seems to have had a veil quietly drawn over it. I quite like the slight irony of Showbiz Neil partying at the Blitz on the track next door - and I love the thought that if Neil really wanted to have a dig at Elton there's a very good chance Elton would hear it as he is such a genuine fan, apparently.

But that's mere conjecture. It could just as easily be Neil's latest Vladimir Putin treatise. But I'm not sure anyone needs any more of those. And, of course, the more likely situation is that it has nothing to do with either of these "bitter and stale" characters.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

telys

#58 Post by telys »

Party in the blitz has extra lyrics
----
You've got me all wrong

Kandu

#59 Post by Kandu »

Drico One wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 7:13 pm
michael888 wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024, 1:59 am

Drico.
I must admit, his was the first name which came to mind, for some reason, as I listened to this for the first time. The whole Elton/PSB conscious decoupling seems to have had a veil quietly drawn over it. I quite like the slight irony of Showbiz Neil partying at the Blitz on the track next door - and I love the thought that if Neil really wanted to have a dig at Elton there's a very good chance Elton would hear it as he is such a genuine fan, apparently.

But that's mere conjecture. It could just as easily be Neil's latest Vladimir Putin treatise. But I'm not sure anyone needs any more of those. And, of course, the more likely situation is that it has nothing to do with either of these "bitter and stale" characters.

Drico.
Actually,I think "Through You" could be about Boris Johnson.