SMASH BluRay replacement

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Xakrij

Re: SMASH BluRay replacement

#76 Post by Xakrij »

Xakrij wrote: Fri 29 Dec 2023, 12:13 am
ahafan02 wrote: Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:41 pm I received my replacement disc here in the US today :)
For those who have received the disc, how was it sent? Via your local mail carrier or original courier service (UPS Ground, in my case USA)?

Bumping this thread to see if others have been delivered in the US
Shot in the fatal cause 'of frock-and-droll'

Gabby

#77 Post by Gabby »

Still nothing here in Canada

Choliux

#78 Post by Choliux »

Nothing in the eastern US yet

TwizzleUK

#79 Post by TwizzleUK »

TwizzleUK wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023, 1:52 pm Does the new disc also fix the audio glitch at the start of Opportunities?
As no one's answered this question yet, I doubled checked on my replacement disc (arrived 2-3 weeks ago here in the UK). The odd audio glitches during the gentle percussion at the start of 'Opportunities' are still present - strange they didn't also fix this when updating the discs.

The video to 'Opportunities' was set to the 'Please' album version of the track which has three bars of this percussion at the start. The single version (and the version on 'Discography' and 'SMASH') only had one bar. It's almost like whoever remastered the video for Blu-ray only had the 'SMASH' remastered audio to use, so did a botched job of trying to extend the one bar of percussion at the start to fill the three bars that was in the original video with some crap audio edits (instead of just using a remastered 'Please' version of the audio). Sounds very strange - and very poor quality control on that one.

Also noticed a slight click in the audio right at the start of 'So Hard' (on both original and corrected versions of the Blu-rays) suggesting a split second of the very start of the track/video is missing.

agrasso

#80 Post by agrasso »

Here in Italy I haven't received the replacement Bluray, am I the only one?

telys

#81 Post by telys »

I don't care about it. BB with bodies or not isn't so important to me.
----
You've got me all wrong

mgkoeln

#82 Post by mgkoeln »

@agrasso: Haven't gotten mine in Germany, yet - and haven't read from anyone in continental Europe here who has, either.

Gabby

#83 Post by Gabby »

Still no sign here in snowy Canada.

I guess what I'm wondering is what the criteria were? They obviously would have data on those ordering it from the PSB store but what about others who ordered it elsewhere - even through legit links on their website like Warner Canada/USA?

My assumption is that since no proof of purchase was required, they would just do this through the honour system, and send out a replacement to anyone asking for it. It's a nice (and expensive) gesture if so, but would still be nice to see more follow through. Mind you if all the replacements are shipping through the PSB official store, I don't hold out much hope there.

Gabby

#84 Post by Gabby »

*double post* sorry folks!

Nicholas

#85 Post by Nicholas »

Gabby wrote: Tue 16 Jan 2024, 1:28 pm Still no sign here in snowy Canada.

I guess what I'm wondering is what the criteria were? They obviously would have data on those ordering it from the PSB store but what about others who ordered it elsewhere - even through legit links on their website like Warner Canada/USA?

My assumption is that since no proof of purchase was required, they would just do this through the honour system, and send out a replacement to anyone asking for it. It's a nice (and expensive) gesture if so, but would still be nice to see more follow through. Mind you if all the replacements are shipping through the PSB official store, I don't hold out much hope there.
Can't speak for your Canucky experience but I bought my physical copy from a record store in the UK – ie the PSB store would have no record of me owning it – and they still replaced my DVD. Eventually.

Neilatrone

#86 Post by Neilatrone »

Just for perspective. The Republic of Ireland is physically connected to the United Kingdom but I've still to receive the replacement disc.

daveid

#87 Post by daveid »

Neilatrone wrote: Tue 16 Jan 2024, 4:56 pm Just for perspective. The Republic of Ireland is physically connected to the United Kingdom but I've still to receive the replacement disc.
That's quite a discovery you've made there. Better let the authorities know so we can redraw the maps.

VRIDD

#88 Post by VRIDD »

agrasso wrote: Tue 16 Jan 2024, 10:48 am Here in Italy I haven't received the replacement Bluray, am I the only one?
In Milano the same for me

TwizzleUK

#89 Post by TwizzleUK »

daveid wrote: Tue 16 Jan 2024, 5:55 pm
Neilatrone wrote: Tue 16 Jan 2024, 4:56 pm Just for perspective. The Republic of Ireland is physically connected to the United Kingdom but I've still to receive the replacement disc.
That's quite a discovery you've made there. Better let the authorities know so we can redraw the maps.
Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, and therefore physically connected to The Republic Of Ireland. No redrawing required

synthpopfan

#90 Post by synthpopfan »

Nothing here in the Twin Cities...