Celebrating Very Relentless - New Relentless release

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
leesmapman

Re: Celebrating Very Relentless - New Relentless release

#76 Post by leesmapman »

A pink lego-dotted CD case would have been perfect

negative_0ne

#77 Post by negative_0ne »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 28 Sep 2023, 7:22 pm A pink lego-dotted CD case would have been perfect
now you have me thinking. there was a band that put out an actual lego case with the cd.
and some lego games had jewel boxes with lego.

so maybe i can make a pink one from real legos for the cd.

that would be interesting.

later
| || | || |
ne gative 1

negative_0ne

#78 Post by negative_0ne »

Eleven wrote: Thu 28 Sep 2023, 9:10 am Ordered !
I was having huge problems login in so I had to do it as a guest.
Also had to disable the adblocker for the whole process (Chrome- uBlock Origin), otherwise it wouldnt allow me to buy. ( just in case helps someone here )

Hey negative_One that Dj Culture poster is awesome, where would you advice to get one ? no time machine available sadly :/
hello Eleven,

you have a few options to look into:
1) search online, ebay, and other places in case there is one for sale (may be expensive)

2) you can have someone make a 60x40 inch poster for you, maybe on etsy or somewhere, should cost less

3) make your own poster, i have been using https://posterazor.sourceforge.io/ , free open source program
to create posters of other groups. then you can use your own ink and paper, or send image to a print shop
to print it for you. you will have to combine all the pages with glue, and tape to make it large.

if you put it on posterboard, it can look professional.

let me know if you need any more assistance. i have about 100+ posters up of many groups around the house
now. a mix of real, and printed ones.

later
| || | || | | |
ne gative1

IRONFLAME.de

#79 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

Now that ‚Relentless‘ officially is an album on its own, they can re-release it in a fat jewel case ‚Further Listening‘ 2CD in say ten years. As others mentioned already: the extra tracks are already all there.
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

telys

#80 Post by telys »

Well, Neil has in FL booklet specifically said that they should've released Relentless on its own with Euroboy and Some Speculation but I interpret it as those two songs not being recorded (or even written) by the time of the release of Relentless. I wouldn't mind them on the new release though, they'd fit perfectly.
----
You've got me all wrong

rashomon

#81 Post by rashomon »

leesmapman wrote:A pink lego-dotted CD case would have been perfect
Oh man yes! Would have been perfect!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Flaffer

#82 Post by Flaffer »

telys wrote: Fri 29 Sep 2023, 11:50 am Well, Neil has in FL booklet specifically said that they should've released Relentless on its own with Euroboy and Some Speculation but I interpret it as those two songs not being recorded (or even written) by the time of the release of Relentless. I wouldn't mind them on the new release though, they'd fit perfectly.
He made reference to them when he said Disco 2 was a mistake ( or similar) and they should have re-issued Relentless instead, adding Euroboy and Some Speculatipn
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Lleonard Pler

#83 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I'm not feeling the new artwork, it's like a revisited Alternative but that black background doesn't feel very Relentless or Very era. However I'm happy that they're reissuing the EP, now considered a proper album, and that it's coming to streaming services.

stussyboy

#84 Post by stussyboy »

Gabby wrote: Wed 27 Sep 2023, 7:58 pm
y3potential wrote: Wed 27 Sep 2023, 4:05 pm Initially I was a bit disappointed with the new artwork. However on reflection I think it's a good idea as it means the original will still be its own unique, standalone release.

My daughter's pearler bead creations was the inspiration I think you'll find.... :lol:
This is amazing!!! I think you/she definitely deserve a design credit from Farrow!
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

daveid

#85 Post by daveid »

Relentless has never been known as an EP. It's 37-38 minutes in length which is longer than a mini-album (though these distinctions are fairly meaningless these days)

Bob Dylan's album Nashville Skyline is ten tracks and runs for just 26 minutes.

Gabby

#86 Post by Gabby »

daveid wrote: Sat 30 Sep 2023, 9:53 am Relentless has never been known as an EP. It's 37-38 minutes in length which is longer than a mini-album (though these distinctions are fairly meaningless these days)

Bob Dylan's album Nashville Skyline is ten tracks and runs for just 26 minutes.
10 minutes shy of Introspective. IIRC in Tom Watkins book he had to fight hard to convince Parlophone that that was an album.

moxlox

#87 Post by moxlox »

Lleonard Pler wrote: Fri 29 Sep 2023, 10:09 pm I'm not feeling the new artwork, it's like a revisited Alternative but that black background doesn't feel very Relentless or Very era. However I'm happy that they're reissuing the EP, now considered a proper album, and that it's coming to streaming services.
I agree the black background is not very Relentless or have that PSB era early 90s vibe (ok, ok Alternative).

Should have been Pink.

Or, to reflect the Ukrainian support on their website, the Ukrainian Yellow and Blue stripes, perhaps upside down with the blue contrasting against their helmets. Now I think about it that would have been neat, if a tad political.
Last edited by moxlox on Sat 30 Sep 2023, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circuses and Bread

moxlox

#88 Post by moxlox »

moxlox wrote: Sat 30 Sep 2023, 12:55 pm
Lleonard Pler wrote: Fri 29 Sep 2023, 10:09 pm I'm not feeling the new artwork, it's like a revisited Alternative but that black background doesn't feel very Relentless or Very era. However I'm happy that they're reissuing the EP, now considered a proper album, and that it's coming to streaming services.
I agree the black background is not very Relentless or have that PSB era early 90s vibe (ok, ok Alternative).

Should have been Pink.

Or, to reflect the Ukrainian support on their website, the Ukrainian Yellow and Blue stripes, perhaps upside down with the blue contrasting against their helmets. Now I think about it that would have been neat, if a tad political.
Circuses and Bread

Xakrij

#89 Post by Xakrij »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 28 Sep 2023, 7:22 pm A pink lego-dotted CD case would have been perfect
Very prototype.
(Can't recall the source. Perhaps someone on these forums...Agent Doris?)
Very_prototype.jpg
Very_prototype.jpg (236.59 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Shot in the fatal cause 'of frock-and-droll'

Dog

#90 Post by Dog »

Xakrij wrote:
Very prototype.
(Can't recall the source. Perhaps someone on these forums...Agent Doris?)
Very_prototype.jpg
I think this may have been on display at London’s Design Museum.
Woof.