PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
Sandy Shaw
Posts: 4057
Joined: Thu 29 Nov 2007, 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#16 Post by Sandy Shaw »

DopeFiend wrote: Mon 21 Nov 2022, 10:46 am Auto transcript:
I'm quite interested in are you working
on anything at the moment?

I'm always working on things um
I've got some some records coming out uh
I think next year on uh various dance
labels uh foreign
exclusively they do do a lot of things
and they've just been they've just
remixed a well-known
uh English male who plays guitar
uh and we mixed that last week in the
studio Notting Hill two separate
versions of his record and that'll be
coming out soon.
The only person that comes to mind for me is Harry Styles. Hopefully they are collaborating with someone that significant.
Another remix though.. I can't say I'm excited.
Maybe it'll be good for a weekend but I can't see it having a lasting impacting in any way.
So he doesn't mention PSB?
What's for supper?

Dog
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#17 Post by Dog »

Sandy Shaw wrote:
DopeFiend wrote: Mon 21 Nov 2022, 10:46 am Auto transcript:
I'm quite interested in are you working
on anything at the moment?

I'm always working on things um
I've got some some records coming out uh
I think next year on uh various dance
labels uh foreign
exclusively they do do a lot of things
and they've just been they've just
remixed a well-known
uh English male who plays guitar
uh and we mixed that last week in the
studio Notting Hill two separate
versions of his record and that'll be
coming out soon.
The only person that comes to mind for me is Harry Styles. Hopefully they are collaborating with someone that significant.
Another remix though.. I can't say I'm excited.
Maybe it'll be good for a weekend but I can't see it having a lasting impacting in any way.
So he doesn't mention PSB?
He does. The transcript’s wrong.
Woof.

User avatar
PopKid78
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:33 am
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#18 Post by PopKid78 »

If it is Noel Gallagher, i bet it doesn’t go down well with the Parka Monkeys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
raggatwin
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#19 Post by raggatwin »

PopKid78 wrote: Tue 22 Nov 2022, 10:15 am If it is Noel Gallagher, i bet it doesn’t go down well with the Parka Monkeys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neil loves a parka LOL
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

User avatar
Luke Colorado
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 7:47 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#20 Post by Luke Colorado »

PSB haven’t done a good remix in 30 years, and even then they were just ok. I’m not excited.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#21 Post by leesmapman »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 23 Nov 2022, 2:26 am PSB haven’t done a good remix in 30 years, and even then they were just ok. I’m not excited.
Objectively false since Hallo Spaceboy is one of the best things they've done, Madonna liked their remix of Sorry so much she used it in the Confessions tour and their remix for Soft Cell grew out to be a duet and became the "canon" version. They are probably doing something right.
Last edited by leesmapman on Wed 23 Nov 2022, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 10:49 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#22 Post by King1 »

Plus Paul Weller said in a interview he loved the mix they did for him,so yes their definitely doing something right

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#23 Post by Flaffer »

Dog wrote: Mon 21 Nov 2022, 1:58 pm I think Gallagher, Ezra and Marr are all credible guesses.
Could be two for the price of one. Marr worked on the recent Gallagher track
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Dog
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#24 Post by Dog »

Flaffer wrote:
Dog wrote: Mon 21 Nov 2022, 1:58 pm I think Gallagher, Ezra and Marr are all credible guesses.
Could be two for the price of one. Marr worked on the recent Gallagher track
Yes, if Noel has got both Weller and Marr singing their praises, and he’s a fan anyway, you can definitely imagine him having had a chat with Neil and Chris backstage at Glastonbury.
Woof.

TallThinMan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun 04 Jun 2006, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#25 Post by TallThinMan »

I watched a surprising YouTube video with Noel Gallagher a few months ago in which he was talking about discovering synthesisers and how much he loves them. Admittedly it was a paid product placement for Arturia, but I think his sentiment was genuine.

Tom Angel
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sat 04 Feb 2006, 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#26 Post by Tom Angel »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 23 Nov 2022, 2:26 am PSB haven’t done a good remix in 30 years, and even then they were just ok. I’m not excited.


The remix of Queen of Ice by Calptone is the best remix the've done in YEARS.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Dog
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#27 Post by Dog »

One of my favourite mixes they’ve done is The Hidden Cameras’ “Colour Of A Man”. Shame it’s never had a proper release.
Woof.

Tom Angel
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sat 04 Feb 2006, 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#28 Post by Tom Angel »

Dog wrote: Fri 25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am One of my favourite mixes they’ve done is The Hidden Cameras’ “Colour Of A Man”. Shame it’s never had a proper release.
110% It's gorgeous isn't it. Hidden Cameras and MGMT Kids are their best remixes, shame they've never been released,

It would be a good fan club question actually!
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

User avatar
raggatwin
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#29 Post by raggatwin »

Tom Angel wrote: Fri 25 Nov 2022, 2:51 pm
Dog wrote: Fri 25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am One of my favourite mixes they’ve done is The Hidden Cameras’ “Colour Of A Man”. Shame it’s never had a proper release.
110% It's gorgeous isn't it. Hidden Cameras and MGMT Kids are their best remixes, shame they've never been released,

It would be a good fan club question actually!

MGMT wouldn't pay for the remix apparently
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Dog
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB remixing 'well known English male who plays guitar.'

#30 Post by Dog »

raggatwin wrote:
Tom Angel wrote: Fri 25 Nov 2022, 2:51 pm
Dog wrote: Fri 25 Nov 2022, 9:52 am One of my favourite mixes they’ve done is The Hidden Cameras’ “Colour Of A Man”. Shame it’s never had a proper release.
110% It's gorgeous isn't it. Hidden Cameras and MGMT Kids are their best remixes, shame they've never been released,

It would be a good fan club question actually!

MGMT wouldn't pay for the remix apparently
Wasn’t there something around MGMT wanting them to remix their new single, whereas PSB wanted to do Kids, and went ahead anyway?
Woof.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], leesmapman, Semrush [Bot] and 8 guests