Unity Tour Spoilers & Reviews

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Patrick Bateman

Re: Unity Tour Spoilers & Reviews

#196 Post by Patrick Bateman »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022, 7:19 pm This sentence from the review says it all:
"The 1980s were the worst decade for the rock era popular music"

That's when you know where this reviewer comes from.
"but if it so great why is the earth not moving the way it did for Pearl Jam earlier in September?"

MEGALOLZ

leesmapman

#197 Post by leesmapman »

Yeah, I literally facepalmed when I read that.

Shopper

#198 Post by Shopper »

DopeFiend wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022, 8:32 am
Shopper wrote: Mon 26 Sep 2022, 9:55 am why is there simply no info on PSBs tour grosses, considering it's been non stop since Electric came out. They are playing bigger venues now, so might be interesting to see what they make

Oh there's info. Full detail.
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
In the previous discussion we concluded it's a bit invasive to get into.
But as a dedicated fan I do find it a little interesting to dig through.
The numbers don't really equate to much for me, but I'm pretty sure we can see the earnings and spendings for the tours.
Makes me think of Call Me Old Fashioned:
"Call me old fashioned, until you learn, how much I earn and I spend!" I love that lyric.
I agree it is invasive...ofcourse I don't want to read their tax receipts. but generally pollstar or even wikipedia is often updated by dedicated fans with the detailed attendance and gross figures, I am in no delusion that they do as well as the current touring A listers like coldplay, lipa, weeknd, ellish etc. Surely they grossed over a million$ on their Euro tour to make it to the top20, but their dreamworld tour on wiki doesnt even have an active page :cry: :lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ify%20wall
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

greenmile

#199 Post by greenmile »

For those of you that do the torrent thing and want to hear exactly what Neil hears in his monitors, there is an IEM recording on dimeadozen.org of the show in Amsterdam in May where you can hear everything Neil hears, including all his stage directions.

spooky

#200 Post by spooky »

Palpatine wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022, 6:26 pm
OakeyDokey wrote: Thu 29 Sep 2022, 6:03 pm What a wanker!
That review was very poorly written.
clearly someone who is not a fan of 80's music and/or this kind of music.

Danimal

#202 Post by Danimal »

Went to see Pet Shop Boys and New Order double-bill in Chicago last night. This show was originally supposed to happen exactly two years ago, but was delayed because of COVID. KILLER GIG! Neither act disappointed.
PSB sounded slick. Their presentation is usually much more theatrical, but this was straight ahead music very much in a band context. They never sounded better. Most of the songs were in new arrangements. The best ones were: Where the streets have no name, Rent, Left to my own devices, Losing my mind, Dreamland ( this was was surprisingly awesome live, I could tell the band were really enjoying playing it), Heart, and West end girls. I’m usually pretty tired of hearing West end girls, but God was the bass PHAT on this version.
New Order were totally awesome! I don’t know why, but they sounded much better than in Miami. Barney was much more audible and there was a TON of guitar shredding, particularly by Barney. They were TIGHT! Highlights: Age of consent, Ceremony, Academic, Your silent face, The perfect kiss (this was INCREDIBLE), Subculture, Plastic, and Blue Monday.

Meebabi
Canada

#203 Post by Meebabi »

Danimal wrote: Sat 01 Oct 2022, 6:58 pm Went to see Pet Shop Boys and New Order double-bill in Chicago last night. This show was originally supposed to happen exactly two years ago, but was delayed because of COVID. KILLER GIG! Neither act disappointed.
PSB sounded slick. Their presentation is usually much more theatrical, but this was straight ahead music very much in a band context. They never sounded better. Most of the songs were in new arrangements. The best ones were: Where the streets have no name, Rent, Left to my own devices, Losing my mind, Dreamland ( this was was surprisingly awesome live, I could tell the band were really enjoying playing it), Heart, and West end girls. I’m usually pretty tired of hearing West end girls, but God was the bass PHAT on this version.
New Order were totally awesome! I don’t know why, but they sounded much better than in Miami. Barney was much more audible and there was a TON of guitar shredding, particularly by Barney. They were TIGHT! Highlights: Age of consent, Ceremony, Academic, Your silent face, The perfect kiss (this was INCREDIBLE), Subculture, Plastic, and Blue Monday.
The Chicago venue seemed HUGE from the pics I’ve seen!

Meebabi
Canada

#204 Post by Meebabi »

A question for anyone who’s attended the Dreamworld and/or Unity Tour:

I came across an interesting comment on YouTube. Someone stated that during the opening when Neil has his mask on, apparently there is supposed to be some kind of lighting effect created by the street lamps where he appears to have “ominous glowing eyes that can be seen from anywhere in the audience”.

I did not notice anything live (though my view wasn’t the best) or in any of the various Dreamworld footage I’ve seen (perhaps it’s not visible on camera?).

Has anyone out there witnessed this???

MikeyC

#205 Post by MikeyC »

Meebabi wrote: Sun 02 Oct 2022, 9:35 am A question for anyone who’s attended the Dreamworld and/or Unity Tour:

I came across an interesting comment on YouTube. Someone stated that during the opening when Neil has his mask on, apparently there is supposed to be some kind of lighting effect created by the street lamps where he appears to have “ominous glowing eyes that can be seen from anywhere in the audience”.

I did not notice anything live (though my view wasn’t the best) or in any of the various Dreamworld footage I’ve seen (perhaps it’s not visible on camera?).

Has anyone out there witnessed this???
I didn’t notice that but right before the MSG performance, a stagehand came out and tinkered with one of the street lamps, like ‘fixing’ it and I thought that was odd since I didn’t think they did much! 😎

Luke Colorado

#206 Post by Luke Colorado »

I haven’t been paying attention; any setlist surprises at all?
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Meebabi
Canada

#207 Post by Meebabi »

Luke Colorado wrote: Thu 13 Oct 2022, 12:03 am I haven’t been paying attention; any setlist surprises at all?
Not from PSB. A few changes from NO, though I haven’t really paid attention to those.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#208 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

SF was amazing.

The Chase Center was pretty packed.

Very responsive crowd.

Neil was immensely pleased.

Meebabi
Canada

#209 Post by Meebabi »

@ Vancouver gig- Paul Oakenfold just played “Getting Away with It”. NO about to go on.