Pet Shop Boys in SMTV Chums (1999) (full episode)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Luke Colorado

Re: Pet Shop Boys in SMTV Chums (1999) (full episode)

#2 Post by Luke Colorado »

That was so embarrassing and hackneyed I couldn’t watch it. Thanks for posting tho.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

OakeyDokey

#3 Post by OakeyDokey »

This is so bad and, respectfully l, should not have its own thread imo.

y3potential

#4 Post by y3potential »

OakeyDokey wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022, 11:41 pm This is so bad and, respectfully l, should not have its own thread imo.
My thoughts exactly. Nickname has been politely told on countless occasions that there is a dedicated YouTube channel, but constantly ignores this to start yet another thread. He's even said in his post here that he's posted this in the YouTube thread too..!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

tottenhammattspurs

#5 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I’m guessing people labelling this “bad and embarrassing” aren’t British? SM:TV on Saturday mornings was brilliant. The Chums sketch that they had every week was meant to be like this. The fact that the Boys even appeared on something like this would be because Ant and Dec would have personally asked them. The Boys didn’t really do Saturday morning TV and certainly not “taking part” like this. In 1999 they were totally down the dumper so any tv appearance would have been a bonus. The only other time I can think of when they acted in a sketch would have been Trevor and Simon back in 1993.
is is and isnt isnt

y3potential

#6 Post by y3potential »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Mon 19 Sep 2022, 9:14 am I’m guessing people labelling this “bad and embarrassing” aren’t British? SM:TV on Saturday mornings was brilliant. The Chums sketch that they had every week was meant to be like this. The fact that the Boys even appeared on something like this would be because Ant and Dec would have personally asked them. The Boys didn’t really do Saturday morning TV and certainly not “taking part” like this. In 1999 they were totally down the dumper so any tv appearance would have been a bonus. The only other time I can think of when they acted in a sketch would have been Trevor and Simon back in 1993.
One other I recall was the opening sketch in Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway when they also performed Flamboyant.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Iyonix

#7 Post by Iyonix »

I watched this the other day, it is supposed to be tacky and badly acted , it is a spoof of Friends , loads of celebrities appeared on it, I used to watch it every week, but I do not remember PSB ever being on there.

I think I am right in saying that PSB did also appear in The PJ and Duncan show many years before SM:TV live, but I could be wrong, does anyone remember this ?

tottenhammattspurs

#8 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

They kind of appeared. Chas n Dave actually appeared wearing pointy hats orange boiler suits (it was 1993) and pretend to be PSB. We even got a quick rendition of a "cockernee" Go West on the old Joanna.....
is is and isnt isnt

Iyonix

#9 Post by Iyonix »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 23 Sep 2022, 2:56 pm They kind of appeared. Chas n Dave actually appeared wearing pointy hats orange boiler suits (it was 1993) and pretend to be PSB. We even got a quick rendition of a "cockernee" Go West on the old Joanna.....
That sounds like the one I remember, I'd forgotten Chas N Dave were in it.