US TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Meebabi
Canada

Re: US TOUR

#211 Post by Meebabi »

rashomon wrote: Thu 22 Sep 2022, 9:46 am
Meebabi wrote: Thu 22 Sep 2022, 6:44 am
Same here! I did pick up that T-shirt, but totally regret not getting the mug as well. I just didn’t want to risk it getting broken during the show. Also regret not getting the black long sleeve unity T-shirt. It has pink writing & not currently an option on the site.
Cheers for posting pics @DopeFiend.

Wish the designs were a bit cooler generally :wall:

I'll def pick up a key ring and possibly a mug ... don't know about the shirts and tops ... but gotta say that long sleeve Unity shirt with the tour destinations on the sleeve is quite nice. Might be an impulse purchase on the day. Edit: Just noticed on the official web site - the white version of the long sleeve shirt doesn't have anything on the sleeve.

Any photos of the poster they are selling? ... have trawled the usual places but not seeing any pics.
If you look at DopeFiend’s second photo you can see the silver poster. It’s in between the black long sleeve T-shirt & grey hoodie. It’s not very big. The keychain is under the poster.

rashomon

#212 Post by rashomon »

Doh! Thanks … I clearly need an eye test!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

rashomon

#213 Post by rashomon »

Also - strange how they went with 'Manhattan' rather than 'New York City' ...

MikeyC

#214 Post by MikeyC »

rashomon wrote: Thu 22 Sep 2022, 11:14 am Also - strange how they went with 'Manhattan' rather than 'New York City' ...
Probably since Brooklyn is also part of New York City so they wanted to be specific in noting the two different boroughs of NYC that they’re performing in.

Choliux

#215 Post by Choliux »

Great show last night in Columbia MD/Washington DC. I've been trying to avoid most spoilers but had a rough idea of what I was going to see. Despite that, the Boys surprised and I loved the new stage production so different from the last tours. It was great to finally hear live songs they haven't played in 20+ years. Everyone had a great time and the crowd sang loudly during several songs. I've never seen Chris move so much behind the keyboards lol. This was my 11th time seeing them live and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see a full Dreamworld set.

Rorie

#216 Post by Rorie »

Yes, from what we have heard, Chris plays more live than he has in a long time.

MikeyC

#217 Post by MikeyC »

Yay, I’m here at Barclays all ready for the show!! 😎

Meebabi
Canada

#218 Post by Meebabi »

MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 12:14 am Yay, I’m here at Barclays all ready for the show!! 😎
OMG! Good for you, I’ve no doubt you’ll have a fantastic time! 🎶

MikeyC

#219 Post by MikeyC »

Meebabi wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 12:32 am
MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 12:14 am Yay, I’m here at Barclays all ready for the show!! 😎
Thanks! Show was AMAZING!!! Now they’re setting up the stage for New Order! Highlights for me included I don’t know what you want…, Losing my mind, Vocal, Heart (BEST live version of Heart they’ve ever done) and many more!! 🕺

lucienchardon

#220 Post by lucienchardon »

MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 2:03 am
Thanks! Show was AMAZING!!! Now they’re setting up the stage for New Order! Highlights for me included I don’t know what you want…, Losing my mind, Vocal, Heart (BEST live version of Heart they’ve ever done) and many more!! 🕺
I agree with you about Heart. It sounded really amazing! Great concert, the stage design is beautiful and I was happy to see that for PSB everyone on the floor was standing from beginning to end. Now looking forward to Madison Square Garden.

MikeyC

#221 Post by MikeyC »

lucienchardon wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 5:03 am
MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 2:03 am

I agree with you about Heart. It sounded really amazing! Great concert, the stage design is beautiful and I was happy to see that for PSB everyone on the floor was standing from beginning to end. Now looking forward to Madison Square Garden.
Yes the stage design is gorgeous! It was a smart decision to go with a new designer/company after so many years with Es D (whose reputation needs some repairing now after Adele cancelled her Las Vegas residency last year after hating Es’ stage design and visuals!). It’s rare for Neil and Chris to insert images of their younger, iconic selves into the imagery but it works so incredibly well here.

My one critique would be that after the show starts, they wait too long for the larger stage and band reveal. For too many songs in a row it’s just them and the long screen behind them. A small issue, though.

I’ll also be at MSG on Wednesday! I hope PSB close the show this time!! 😎

MikeyC

#222 Post by MikeyC »

I should add: I’m a huge New Order fan but I had some issues with their set. Bernard comes across as extremely tired and lacks enthusiasm. 14 songs is just not enough (although, yes, several are very long) and a couple of the versions were questionable. I.e. True Faith, one of the greatest electronic pop tracks of all time, lacked most of the electronics!! 🤣 And most may disagree, but I don’t like that they end with a Joy Division song. Yes, pay homage throughout the set, but you’re NEW ORDER. Finish your show as New Order.

lucienchardon

#223 Post by lucienchardon »

MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 5:29 am I should add: I’m a huge New Order fan but I had some issues with their set. Bernard comes across as extremely tired and lacks enthusiasm. 14 songs is just not enough (although, yes, several are very long) and a couple of the versions were questionable. I.e. True Faith, one of the greatest electronic pop tracks of all time, lacked most of the electronics!! 🤣 And most may disagree, but I don’t like that they end with a Joy Division song. Yes, pay homage throughout the set, but you’re NEW ORDER. Finish your show as New Order.
PSB and New Order are my favorite bands. Tonight I enjoyed watching PSB more because the New Order show was very similar to the one I saw in 2017 at Radio City Music Hall. The PSB set was new to me. The audio also sounded better for PSB where I was. But New Order have an amazing collection of songs too. I don't think the NO set felt short. I like the long versions. Overall an amazing concert experience.

MikeyC

#224 Post by MikeyC »

lucienchardon wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 5:54 am
MikeyC wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022, 5:29 am I should add: I’m a huge New Order fan but I had some issues with their set. Bernard comes across as extremely tired and lacks enthusiasm. 14 songs is just not enough (although, yes, several are very long) and a couple of the versions were questionable. I.e. True Faith, one of the greatest electronic pop tracks of all time, lacked most of the electronics!! 🤣 And most may disagree, but I don’t like that they end with a Joy Division song. Yes, pay homage throughout the set, but you’re NEW ORDER. Finish your show as New Order.
PSB and New Order are my favorite bands. Tonight I enjoyed watching PSB more because the New Order show was very similar to the one I saw in 2017 at Radio City Music Hall. The PSB set was new to me. The audio also sounded better for PSB where I was. But New Order have an amazing collection of songs too. I don't think the NO set felt short. I like the long versions. Overall an amazing concert experience.
Agreed!! Absolutely an amazing concert experience!! 🎉

rashomon

#225 Post by rashomon »

MikeyC wrote:
I’ll also be at MSG on Wednesday! I hope PSB close the show this time!! Image
Will be there as well and PSB are headlining so yes they should be closing the MSG show Image