After the event

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Seanyboy

After the event

#1 Post by Seanyboy »

From the lack of mention on the official site about the seismic news this week we can make our own judgment on the Boys’ position on the monarchy.

Evening comes as a surprise
Suddenly someone dies
Everyone's over-reacting
with clichés and bad acting
Misty in the rain
flowers in their cellophane
Policemen intervening
Drama without meaning

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and every lyric can be taken out of context but maybe the Boys are slightly out of step with national, if not international feeling.

The quoting of lyrics of After the event are simply because this is one of my favourite songs of all time and I always wondered what “The Event” might be.

Dog

Re: After the event

#2 Post by Dog »

They did make a post.
Woof.

y3potential

#3 Post by y3potential »

Well, Chris is on record in interviews as stating he wasn't a fan of the then Prince Charles. That said, I believe the boys have enough class to keep a dignified silence on occasions like this, and as already has been mentioned above, they released a video on their Facebook page with a Dreaming of the Queen soundtrack... Make of that what you will...
Last edited by y3potential on Mon 12 Sep 2022, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Spittingcat

#4 Post by Spittingcat »

he wasn't a fan of the then Prince Charles
Is anyone?

daveid

#5 Post by daveid »

Spittingcat wrote: Sun 11 Sep 2022, 7:03 pm
he wasn't a fan of the then Prince Charles
Is anyone?
The media hate him because he doesn't rise to them or play their game and so they in turn make tabloid-absorbing non-thinkers hate him too. Royalty aside, I've always believed him to be a good man. Anyone who cares about environmental issues should be pleased he's now the monarch, although his role will be very different to that of PoWales.

TallThinMan

#6 Post by TallThinMan »

daveid wrote: Mon 12 Sep 2022, 5:05 pmAnyone who cares about environmental issues should be pleased he's now the monarch, although his role will be very different to that of PoWales.
Before Cop26 last year he revealed that his vintage Aston Martin had been converted to run on bioethanol made from cheese and wine waste. The use of biofuels at scale drives deforestation. Then he got in his private jet and flew 125 miles.

daveid

#7 Post by daveid »

TallThinMan wrote: Mon 12 Sep 2022, 5:43 pm
daveid wrote: Mon 12 Sep 2022, 5:05 pmAnyone who cares about environmental issues should be pleased he's now the monarch, although his role will be very different to that of PoWales.
Before Cop26 last year he revealed that his vintage Aston Martin had been converted to run on bioethanol made from cheese and wine waste. The use of biofuels at scale drives deforestation. Then he got in his private jet and flew 125 miles.
So he's a hypocrite like most of us. I'd be more worried about the shadowy billionaires carrying on far worse than him. He's an easy target.

boyjohn

#8 Post by boyjohn »

I'd be more worried that he seems to be into nonsensical things like homeopathy and other woo-woo type ideas. Totally crazy for someone as educated as he is.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

tottenhammattspurs

#9 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one but get them out in public and you've got a problem.
is is and isnt isnt