New EP incoming?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Re: New EP incoming?

#61 Post by Nickname »

They are not able to create a complex and multi-layered album because they don't have as many producers and engineers as the had in the 80's and 90's.

Future Lover

#62 Post by Future Lover »

Nickname wrote: Wed 03 Aug 2022, 2:21 pm They are not able to create a complex and multi-layered album because they don't have as many producers and engineers as the had in the 80's and 90's.

MikeyC

#63 Post by MikeyC »

Nickname wrote: Wed 03 Aug 2022, 2:21 pm They are not able to create a complex and multi-layered album because they don't have as many producers and engineers as the had in the 80's and 90's.
Come on Nickname… you know better than that. x

Nickname

#64 Post by Nickname »

MikeyC wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022, 12:30 am
It's obvious the sound of the last albums is weaker than the sound of the old ones and I'm not talking about the quaility of the songs.

Dog

#65 Post by Dog »

Nickname wrote:
It's obvious the sound of the last albums is weaker than the sound of the old ones and I'm not talking about the quaility of the songs.
It’s just your opinion.
Woof.

y3potential

#66 Post by y3potential »

Nickname wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022, 11:43 am

It may be "obvious" to you as it's your opinion, which you are entitled to, however incorrect you are.. With the greatest of respect a lot of your statements are just utter nonsense.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Nickname

#67 Post by Nickname »

Dog wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022, 1:09 pm
Nickname wrote:

It’s just your opinion.
Obvious.

leesmapman

#68 Post by leesmapman »

Electric is an amazingly multi-layered album. It's no coincidence they applied the Disco-1 model to these songs, they are made to be expanded.

jasonjohn

#69 Post by jasonjohn »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed 03 Aug 2022, 7:01 am Personally, I really liked the idea of Agenda being separate from Hotspot. Politics has become so politically charged over the past decade, and people's world-views based on such different premises that you can't even arrive at mutual agreement nowadays on what they ought to be called. That's not to shame any one or the other, only to suggest it's a predictable by-product of the ability for people to create their own custom on-line echo chambers that become increasingly detached from and incompatible with one another. (Maybe that subject itself warrants a song? Themes of isolation and distance are very common in the back catalouge... :idea: )
I understand what your angle is, but I hardly see any politics in the charts and it's weird. Like we are sleep walking into oblivion.

Swift, Sheeran, Drake, One Direction lads, Rihanna, Bieber, Perry

These people only ever sing about lifestyle. They play it safe to keep their millions. Not that there's anything wrong with singing about life and love, but why so limited.

I reckon Fundamental and Agenda are vastly different to what you normally hear normally from Pop artists.

Glad they have the spine to say it as they see it.