Radio 1 jingles

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
eastendboy

Radio 1 jingles

#1 Post by eastendboy »

In an old literally, number 7 I think it mentions that Chris and Neil approached some bands/singers to record jingles for their shows. Carter USM, Kylie and Seal were mentioned that they recorded one/some. Has anyone ever heard these somewhere else as from memory I don’t think they were used on the radio.

leesmapman

Re: Radio 1 jingles

#2 Post by leesmapman »

I believe they only did their own jingles in the end. "Generic Jingle" is one of those, iirc. And there's the relaxing "Pet Shop Boys in the morning" one, and a frantic PSB jingle.
Last edited by leesmapman on Fri 05 Aug 2022, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
eastendboy wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022, 10:18 pm Carter USM, Kylie and Seal were mentioned that they recorded one/some. Has anyone ever heard these somewhere else as from memory I don’t think they were used on the radio.
Marc Ollington (Jim Bob from Carter USM's manager, who operates their Facebook page) was asked at one point whether there were any recordings "left in the vault" from that era that hadn't been released. He made mention only of a "Stars On 45"-esque number, so perhaps that's it? I've never heard it, and to the best of my knowledge, I own their full catalogue of officially released recordings, so I doubt you'll get a definitive answer to this question as it relates to Carter, unless you fancy jumping on Facebook and asking them yourself.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

DavidG

#4 Post by DavidG »

Hello!
Speaking of jingles, several years ago I heard something like "PET SHOP PET SHOP PET SHOP BOYS" between two of their songs. Does it ring a bell to you?
I don't know if it was an official jingle or a sound created to mix songs together, but I thought it was pretty cool! :-)
The boys have cut their hair short to look cool...

Dog

#5 Post by Dog »

DavidG wrote:Hello!
Speaking of jingles, several years ago I heard something like "PET SHOP PET SHOP PET SHOP BOYS" between two of their songs. Does it ring a bell to you?
I don't know if it was an official jingle or a sound created to mix songs together, but I thought it was pretty cool! :-)
Was it this?

https://youtu.be/EzysvNQKdMk
Woof.

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I’m still holding out that Jim Bob will guest on a PSB recording at some point. His latest release : Beach Ready EP is superb.
is is and isnt isnt

DavidG

#7 Post by DavidG »

Dog wrote: Fri 05 Aug 2022, 8:33 pm
DavidG wrote:Hello!
Was it this?

https://youtu.be/EzysvNQKdMk
Oh yeah, excellent! Thank you Dog! :clap:
The boys have cut their hair short to look cool...