Neighbours

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tentenlad

Neighbours

#1 Post by Tentenlad »

I noticed today is the last ever episode of ‘Neighbours’. Does anyone have a the clip of our Chris appearing on there?
Does anyone know when it was, and why he was on there?

TallThinMan

Re: Neighbours

#2 Post by TallThinMan »

Easy enough to find on YouTube, starts about 17 and a half minutes in: https://youtu.be/7bbgAu324_A

They were touring Discovery in Australia in 1994 and Chris fancied being in Neighbours!

itsadog

#3 Post by itsadog »

There is a shorter version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWScLDoLe8&t=5s

Actually, I also saw that it's the last episode today, so I put together a very quick cover version last night, with the above clip embedded in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWXbJbtbfgY&lc=

Pod
Great Britain

#4 Post by Pod »

I remember that at the time, I thought it was great. Looks a bit naff now though…
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Patrick Bateman

#5 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Annalise was so hot. 🔥

Having grown up with Neighbours in my formative years, I started watching it again during lockdown. It was always undemanding fare that worked best when it was on BBC1 as you only wasted 20 minutes of your life watching it. To a generation of cishet f*ckboys, it provided a never-ending supply of Aussie lovelies we could imagine living next door to if we emigrated to a Melbourne suburb (Nicola Charles still my numero uno - who could blame Dr Karl?).

I haven't seen the last episode yet but I'll eventually catch up with it. Rude not to go to someone's funeral when you've known them for so long.

Why do the theme tunes to Australian soaps have lyrics? It's a cultural curiosity - Sons and Daughters, Home and Away, Neighbours, and the greatest of them all, Prisoner.

Sithblade

#6 Post by Sithblade »

Patrick Bateman wrote:Annalise was so hot. Image

Having grown up with Neighbours in my formative years, I started watching it again during lockdown. It was always undemanding fare that worked best when it was on BBC1 as you only wasted 20 minutes of your life watching it. To a generation of cishet f*ckboys, it provided a never-ending supply of Aussie lovelies we could imagine living next door to if we emigrated to a Melbourne suburb (Nicola Charles still my numero uno - who could blame Dr Karl?).

I haven't seen the last episode yet but I'll eventually catch up with it. Rude not to go to someone's funeral when you've known them for so long.

Why do the theme tunes to Australian soaps have lyrics? It's a cultural curiosity - Sons and Daughters, Home and Away, Neighbours, and the greatest of them all, Prisoner.
Image 100% with you, can't beat the subtly of this scene.
The last episode, well there's two of them, is really good despite not knowing who any of the new characters are as I've not watched it for nearly twenty years.
https://youtu.be/XavMwYk6MVc

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tottenhammattspurs

#7 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Why was Kylie a mute?
is is and isnt isnt

Patrick Bateman

#8 Post by Patrick Bateman »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sun 07 Aug 2022, 12:37 pm Why was Kylie a mute?
She's had so much Botox she can no longer speak.