Podcast about Behaviour

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nervously

Podcast about Behaviour

#1 Post by Nervously »

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, couldn't see it if so. This was a good listen.
https://shows.acast.com/comfort-blanke ... ia-shireen

leesmapman

Re: Podcast about Behaviour

#2 Post by leesmapman »

Oh, that's nice! Thanks for the link

raggatwin

#3 Post by raggatwin »

Really enjoyed listening to that. Thanks!
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

joe stalin

#4 Post by joe stalin »

Same here. Really good listen. So many similarities to me. The PSB have been the constant soundtrack to my life, since 1986. I'm 50 now. Amazing really.

303krs

#5 Post by 303krs »

Thanks a lot for the link ! Such a nice podcast.
"...Many roads will cross through many lives
but somehow you survive..."

Patrick Bateman

#6 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Never heard of her before but it was an enjoyable listen - thanks. Interesting how she stopped being such a hardcore fan after Behaviour as life took over. Probably the same for most of us, but like supporting a crap football team, we still went out and bought Release.

It's the same guy who did the Rule of Three podcast about comedy shows. Entertaining but his/their relentless positivity about everything grates after a while.

OakeyDokey

#7 Post by OakeyDokey »

Isn't that just ammuricans?!

Nervously

#8 Post by Nervously »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 05 Aug 2022, 9:06 pm Never heard of her before but it was an enjoyable listen - thanks. Interesting how she stopped being such a hardcore fan after Behaviour as life took over. Probably the same for most of us, but like supporting a crap football team, we still went out and bought Release.
Maybe stopped bring quite so obsessed with them after "Behaviour", but it's clear she still carried on following them and is a massive fan of their whole career. I am the same age as her (and from the same region!) and I had an identical experience with Very- I still liked it but at that point they were no longer the be-all and end-all of music for me. (And I didn't buy Release and I still haven't 'cos it's rubbish).
Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 05 Aug 2022, 9:06 pm It's the same guy who did the Rule of Three podcast about comedy shows. Entertaining but his/their relentless positivity about everything grates after a while.
I liked Rule of Three. Nadia Shireen appeared on that too, talking about Smash Hits. Also recommended.

rashomon

#9 Post by rashomon »

Really nice listen - I took the longer walk home so I could finish this on my commute home :)

Like the bit about having a one-way relationship with the boys ... and could resonate with the points made that we as a listener are effectively 'part' of the Pet Shop Boys experience.

The podcast series is quite good - I span a few other episodes before I listened to the Behaviour one.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Dog

#10 Post by Dog »

Brilliant listen, thank you.
Woof.

lucienchardon

#11 Post by lucienchardon »

That was a fun podcast! Love the discussion at the end about whether they would like to be thought of as a comfort blanket. Thanks for sharing!