Sales Enquiry

For forum users to offer their items for sale, and also to share their wanted requests with other forum users.
kvo4ever

Sales Enquiry

#1 Post by kvo4ever »

Over the years I’ve collected every CD album released by PSB including the disco’s 1-4 and the further listening up to and including Very. I also have things like the CD/DVD twin pack Pandemonium live. Fundamental and fundamentalism double CD. Elysium Box Set. (Album & Instrumentals). I’ve bought all studio albums up to and including Hotspot.

My question is, where is the best place to sell my collection for a fair price. I looked on eBay to see if anyone is selling a collection like this and there isn’t any. The only things I find on eBay are the individual CD’s, but no complete collections. I know they’re not worth a great deal unless I have something I’m unaware of.

Anyway, are there any ideas please? Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leesmapman

Re: Sales Enquiry

#2 Post by leesmapman »

Discogs is a good place, but you can also post a list here, I guess.

djx

#3 Post by djx »

The problem you will have is, unless you have something special, all the individual cd's only sell for a couple of pound on ebay, etc.
Unfortunately there really is no value in the standard, regular cd's. Add to this that cd prices are at an all time low then you wont get much at all.

leesmapman

#4 Post by leesmapman »

Agreed. If you wait 20 years, CD prices will skyrocket though. Look at vinyl. LPs you could buy for a couple of euros are now around 20 euros.

Future Lover

#5 Post by Future Lover »

I suggest creating a separate Discogs account or, if you already have one, creating a list containing only PSB releases you want to part with. You can generate a good estimate of the value that way. For example, these are the bounds for the 100+ PSB items in my collection

Min €802.95
Med €1,554.55
Max €2,913.14

So, I'd say the realistic value of it is 1500 EUR.

As an addendum, yes, the individual CDs might go for a small amount, but some people don't wanna bother with buying one CD at a time. However, if you offer all fourteen studio albums simultaneously, someone might be tempted to pay a higher sum considering it's complete. Or, for example, Discos 1-4, or the complete set of Further Listenings... there's a nice way to group them into lots.

kvo4ever

#6 Post by kvo4ever »

Thank you for all the above advice. I had noticed that individual CD’s are ridiculously cheap on eBay. I do have all the discos and all the further listening ones. Just a quick question about Very; Was it released initially with the Lego style cover or the flat cover. I can’t remember back to the time of release getting old

leesmapman

#7 Post by leesmapman »

Further Listening CDs might fetch some money. The first batch was quite expensive after a few years.

Pod

#8 Post by Pod »

kvo4ever wrote: Mon 25 Jul 2022, 6:05 pm Thank you for all the above advice. I had noticed that individual CD’s are ridiculously cheap on eBay. I do have all the discos and all the further listening ones. Just a quick question about Very; Was it released initially with the Lego style cover or the flat cover. I can’t remember back to the time of release ImageImage getting old

Very was first sold with the lego cover.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.