Dreamworld: Spoilers

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
King1

Re: Dreamworld: Spoilers

#391 Post by King1 »

Yeah I thought that to,that's what I told the friend who sent it to me ,he was convinced Neil was miming :wall:

S-sense

#392 Post by S-sense »

Surprisingly, Neil's vocals are spot on this time and that's not down to backing tracks, is it? Maybe there is a kind of live Autotuning or he had a lot of time for singing lessons while in lockdown. What do you think?

King1

#393 Post by King1 »

Thought Neil's vocals were stop on at the O2 to be fair,his vocals have definitely got better over the years

eastendboy

#394 Post by eastendboy »

I’ve seen them live 10 times since 1989 and during the 90’s Neil did not sound that great live but from the fundamental tour his voice has got better each time. I’m not lucky enough to go to the electric ballroom on Friday and those of you are lucky enough will certainly be able to tell if there is any vocal trickery going on. Neil is sounding mighty fine at the moment. Just imagine if he put in a performance like rod stewart did recently at the Buckingham palace concert.

le petit corbusier

#395 Post by le petit corbusier »

I have tickets for next week in Bilbao. Was trying to isolate myself from all the videos and pictures online but, finally, I surrendered and watched the Glastonbury broadcast... It looks amazing. Can't wait.

My gf, who is really into fashion and designer clothes, asked me who's the designer of their clothes for this tour. Maybe it's on the tour programme. Does anybody know? I found no word about it on the official site.

And I'm really jealous of you people from other parts of Europe who have experienced the full concert. Here in Spain it's all about festivals now instead on individual tour concerts, so they will likely perform the short version of the show... Damn! I'd kill to hear Single/Bilingual live.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Nickname

#396 Post by Nickname »

I think PSB are getting used to performance in front of big audiences like they were rock starts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6YB0qVTcto

Flaffer

#397 Post by Flaffer »

le petit corbusier wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022, 2:04 am
My gf, who is really into fashion and designer clothes, asked me who's the designer of their clothes for this tour. Maybe it's on the tour programme. Does anybody know? I found no word about it on the official site.
The creative director Tom Scutt has a credit for costume design. Associate costume designer, styling and wardrobe is Frank Strachan. The jacket Chris wears at the beginning is Moncler I believe, the black badge has the same silhouette as the Moncler white logo
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#398 Post by Flaffer »

Duplicate post
Last edited by Flaffer on Fri 01 Jul 2022, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#399 Post by Flaffer »

Triplicate post. What is going on? I’m getting more repetitive than Erasures recent output

euroboy

#400 Post by euroboy »

le petit corbusier wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022, 2:04 am I have tickets for next week in Bilbao. Was trying to isolate myself from all the videos and pictures online but, finally, I surrendered and watched the Glastonbury broadcast... It looks amazing. Can't wait.

And I'm really jealous of you people from other parts of Europe who have experienced the full concert. Here in Spain it's all about festivals now instead on individual tour concerts, so they will likely perform the short version of the show... Damn! I'd kill to hear Single/Bilingual live.
That same thing happened to me with the Fundamental tour. I saw them at a festival and later when I saw other performances I realized that they did a reduced show in which there were songs that they did not sing.

Since then I have ruled out festivals and only large stadiums. In this Dreamworld I have been able to see them at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin and the experience is incomparable.

I would repeat without a doubt in another country.

King1

#401 Post by King1 »

Doesn't look like Afrika Green was on stage last night in Athens ,could be unwell ?

Nickname

#402 Post by Nickname »

It's obvious Pandemonium Tour changed everything. It's like everything was getting better since then.

minimal

#403 Post by minimal »

Dunno whether or not Neil really improved that much on live singing but technology that aims at improving live vocals (correction, stability etc.) surely has and they will undoubtedly make use of it.

m+

oakey

#404 Post by oakey »

minimal wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022, 2:07 pm Dunno whether or not Neil really improved that much on live singing but technology that aims at improving live vocals (correction, stability etc.) surely has and they will undoubtedly make use of it.

m+
Yes, as much I’d like to believe that he improved his singing ovwr the uears, it’s just that: technology improved so much since autotune became availble and all pop singers use it.

East End Bhoy

#405 Post by East End Bhoy »

oakey wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022, 4:56 pm
minimal wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022, 2:07 pm Dunno whether or not Neil really improved that much on live singing but technology that aims at improving live vocals (correction, stability etc.) surely has and they will undoubtedly make use of it.

m+
Yes, as much I’d like to believe that he improved his singing ovwr the uears, it’s just that: technology improved so much since autotune became availble and all pop singers use it.
I don't think Neil uses Autotune. You certainly used to be able to tell when an artist was using it, at certain low level tailing off type of singing you could hear a bit of obvious artifice to the sound (think Cher's voice in 'Believe' but at a far lower level).
Although no doubt the technology will have moved on, I sounds to me Neil is singing live. Does anyone know if he still goes to singing lessons? Not only to sound good, but also given the touring schedules PSB have, to protect his voice.
1991-Glasgow, 1999-Glasgow, 2002-Edinburgh, 2006-Newcastle, 2007-Manchester, 2009-Manchester, 2009-Glasgow, 2014-Glasgow, 2016-London, 2017-Glasgow, 2022-Glasgow, 2023-Aberdeen