DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
eastendboy

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#331 Post by eastendboy »

I’ve not been on here since the tour started as wanted to avoid any spoilers or set list. It was a fantastic night at the o2 and each time I see them it gets better. Show was very slick and the visuals were amazing. I’m glad they didn’t have 15 lamp posts on stage and thought Chris was looking a lot thinner than he has in previous shows. Too many highlights to mention and didn’t see many empty seats. For those of you who have tickets and haven’t been yet you are in for a treat and having my sunglasses on me came in very handy on certain songs, from where I was the sound quality was great.

Patrick Bateman

#332 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Yes, the sound is great and adding the band from Inner Sanctum onwards has really reinvigorated their live performances with - let's not be blunt - youthful energy.

tottenhammattspurs

#333 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

A triumph! Visually and musically.

Nice to meet Remark and put faces to names. Hope you and your husband managed to stand/sit together on the main floor!
is is and isnt isnt

JSDOUVRES

#334 Post by JSDOUVRES »

zukunft wrote: Sun 22 May 2022, 10:20 pm
JSDOUVRES wrote: Sun 22 May 2022, 4:59 pm Bizarrely the lithographs on sale tonight at the 02 arena are unsigned and unnumbered??? £40 each so might nab one!!!
There was just one merch-desk at the entry that has the signed ones available.
Yep, saw that, but they had none before the concert and just 40 afterwards I believe (according to their tweet anyway). A lady a few places in front of me got the last one at the end which I guess saved me £100! I got the unsigned one so will now attempt to get it signed by Neil and Chris and can add a number myself (which will be number 1 of course!!!!)

The concert was fantastic, loved the simplistic but effective special effects and some of the (re)mixes were great! Got to watch the footie in the pub there before too and met some very pleasant fellow fans!

Sandy Shaw

#335 Post by Sandy Shaw »

eastendboy wrote: Sun 22 May 2022, 11:25 pm I’ve not been on here since the tour started as wanted to avoid any spoilers or set list. It was a fantastic night at the o2 and each time I see them it gets better. Shoe was very slick and the visuals were amazing. I’m glad they didn’t have 15 lamp posts on stage and thought Chris was looking a lot thinner than he has in previous shows. Too many highlights to mention and didn’t see many empty seats. For those of you who have tickets and haven’t been yet you are in for a treat and having my sunglasses on me came in very handy on certain songs, from where I was the sound quality was great.
Good points. I avoided spoilers as much as possible. Did catch a couple of brief photos and a fan who said they were losing their mind after a previous show which was a bit of a give away!
Great sound for me too
What's for supper?

andrewthomas100

#336 Post by andrewthomas100 »

I’m going to the show in Cardiff tomorrow. Turns out I was not so bright as I bought a “mobile” ticket from Ticketmaster - but I don’t have a smartphone! Has anyone else been in a similar predicament? Will a screenshot of my ticket on my WiFi-connected iPad get me in? Or would I need to run the app on a phone connected to the internet? Or am I screwed? Thanks a lot.

(I suspect I’m screwed, which would be incredibly annoying)
(Thanks to rashomen for his help on the other thread about this)
Last edited by andrewthomas100 on Mon 23 May 2022, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leesmapman

#337 Post by leesmapman »

Can't you print the ticket?

andrewthomas100

#338 Post by andrewthomas100 »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 23 May 2022, 7:17 pm Can't you print the ticket?

Thanks. No, apparently not. It looks like Ticketmaster issue different “print-at-home” tickets and “mobile” tickets, and you can’t print a mobile ticket. Sounds crazy, but that’s my problem.

I have contacted Ticketmaster but I don’t know of they’ll get back to me in time. Apparently you need the animation in the Ticketmaster app - the barcode on its own is not enough. I’m not buying a smartphone just for this.

Here’s what they said in the email I received today: “ We'd just like to remind you that your phone is your ticket. Locate your tickets in your Ticketmaster account, or in the Ticketmaster App. When you go mobile, your tickets will not be emailed to you or be available for print.
Last edited by andrewthomas100 on Mon 23 May 2022, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dog

#339 Post by Dog »

andrewthomas100 wrote:I’m going to the show in Cardiff tomorrow. Turns out I was not so bright as I bought a “mobile” ticket from Ticketmaster - but I don’t have a smartphone! Has anyone else been in a similar predicament? Will a screenshot of my ticket on my WiFi-connected iPad get me in? Or would I need to run the app on a phone connected to the internet? Or am I screwed? Thanks a lot.

(I suspect I’m screwed, which would be incredibly annoying)
(Thanks to rashomen for his help on the other thread about this)
Any use?

What happens if I forget my phone or my battery dies at the venue?

You can access your mobile tickets from any mobile device by logging into your My Account at ticketmaster.co.uk. or downloading the Ticketmaster UK app and signing in to access them there. Alternatively, if both Mobile AND Print-at-Home are listed as available options under eTickets at your time of purchase, you will be able to choose the Print-at-Home option by logging into your Ticketmaster account and printing off your tickets ahead of the event. If you find yourself at the venue and are unable to access your ticket on your mobile phone, please visit the Box Office. You will need to provide some form of ID so that the Box Office staff can access your Ticketmaster account details.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-u ... le-ticket-
Woof.

andrewthomas100

#340 Post by andrewthomas100 »

Dog wrote: Mon 23 May 2022, 7:25 pm If you find yourself at the venue and are unable to access your ticket on your mobile phone, please visit the Box Office. You will need to provide some form of ID so that the Box Office staff can access your Ticketmaster account details.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-u ... le-ticket-

Ah, so I should be OK if I go to the box office. Big thanks!!

Dog

#341 Post by Dog »

You may be able to sort it today using their chat:

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-u ... 0017761298
Woof.

Sexy Northerner

#342 Post by Sexy Northerner »

I’m from the US attending all the UK shows. At Cardiff now waiting for the show to start. Fifth row. The arena is more like a high school gym. If you’re not dead center the views are poor.

Flaffer

#343 Post by Flaffer »

I was in Cardiff Motorpoint on Friday to see Alan Partridge, fifth row as well, in front of stage. Great viewpoint. Was meant to be seeing a-ha at Bournemouth tonight but concert cancelled so looking forward to PSB at same venue tomorrow. Decent sized venue, saw Nightlife, Yes and Super there in the past.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Willowrpe

#344 Post by Willowrpe »

I am in Newcastle for the show tomorrow night been looking forward to this for ages!

rashomon

#345 Post by rashomon »

Enjoy it mate … it’s a blast!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional