Known bootlegs and Ebay advice.

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.

eBay names of sellers selling fake items

Poll ended at Thu 29 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm

pwl-addict -- Brazil ( This guy is just churning out all sorts of fakes, eBay must ban him !)
No votes
jkmusicbrazil -- Brazil
No votes
drowned73 -- Italy
No votes
blondmaddy -- USA
No votes
haring1972 -- USA (selled a few bootlegs for high prices in the last time)
No votes
sebododisco -- Brazil
No votes
danceaholic -- UK
No votes
yesterdays_new_botique -- UK
No votes
susanne.watts.2013 -- UK
No votes
jennifer.k.1973 -- UK
No votes

Total votes: 0

ssss1

Re: Known bootlegs and Ebay advice.

#991 Post by ssss1 »

redsock wrote: Sun 09 Feb 2020, 7:44 am
ssss1 wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 6:00 pm Had to share this as it's so laughable. Looks like they've taken a pic of the boys on a wooden table then photo-shopped it onto a clear disc. Apparently this is 'very hard to find', maybe as it's a blatant fake.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Shop-Boy ... Swm5NeOmMG

Click on any of the records also listed by that seller, the record picture changes, but the background doesn't. :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/George-Micha ... 0930.m5375

The George Michael one is hilarious!
That is brilliant. Looks like someone has sneezed an image of GM onto that. There's another PSB one for Suburbia which uses an image from the Being Boring era?!? Looks totally legit of course (like all the other items for sale).
I mean I know there's other sellers doing the same thing but it's damn low trying to con people out of hundreds of pounds for photo-shopped fakery.

Oznerol

#992 Post by Oznerol »

Mixes downloaded from youtube and putted on CD..Oh, I hope nobody fall on this trap :roll: :roll: :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pet-Shop-Boys- ... SwcW9frWHj
This is not my signature.

Greendrake

#993 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-11-28 17-12-35.png
Screenshot from 2020-11-28 17-12-35.png (355.03 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greendrake

#994 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-12-30 19-19-49.png
Screenshot from 2020-12-30 19-19-49.png (301.78 KiB) Viewed 7766 times
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Lover

#995 Post by Future Lover »

Nah, it's probably fake, yet I purchased one anyway back in the day. It was lossless, and the artwork was well reproduced, so in essence, it's the same as any other copy? Good enough. I'm grateful that I was able not to overpay a cheap disc for a single exclusive track.

Wish

#996 Post by Wish »

I suspect that all these official promo CDr's of x2 era weren't produced in BeckerBrown office. Probably PSB management ordered their production from the third party somewhere in UK. It's simple production, there was no point in connecting Kobalt.
So now, years after promo campaign, someone from this "third party", having all source materials, can easily continue to produce it.

It's just my thoughts.

DJAMIX

#997 Post by DJAMIX »

One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)