DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#196 Post by Future Lover »

Oh boy, so much can change in four months...

NotInvisible

#197 Post by NotInvisible »

canveyboy wrote: Sat 22 Jan 2022, 11:43 pmIt’s the Queen’s Jubilee in June - guaranteed the government want everything back to normal by then so they can pack out the mall with tourists and have a proper celebration - they won’t let any BS variants disrupt that!
Someone should have told the government that what it wants magically overrules reality - it could have stamped its feet two years ago and saved 154,000 British lives. Ignorance or lunacy, the end result is the same.

Tom Angel

#198 Post by Tom Angel »

NotInvisible wrote: Mon 24 Jan 2022, 12:23 am
canveyboy wrote: Sat 22 Jan 2022, 11:43 pmIt’s the Queen’s Jubilee in June - guaranteed the government want everything back to normal by then so they can pack out the mall with tourists and have a proper celebration - they won’t let any BS variants disrupt that!
Someone should have told the government that what it wants magically overrules reality - it could have stamped its feet two years ago and saved 154,000 British lives. Ignorance or lunacy, the end result is the same.
You know people die right? You know only 17,00 died OF covid right? That the average age of death was 81.5. Were you this upset by the flu killing 17,000 in 2018? How many died from the flu in 2020? Covid and lockdown zealots like you have killed and destroyed far more lives than covid. Have a word with yourself.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

rashomon

#199 Post by rashomon »

Here we go again!

Guys - create an off-topic thread and discuss there ... will even propose a title suggestion for you 'Covidism - is is or isn't isn't'
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

rashomon

#200 Post by rashomon »

Zoops wrote: Sat 22 Jan 2022, 12:17 pm So I' ve seen that Pete has posted a photo from the studio today- together with Goetz Botzenhardt.
Well, I guess that is something for the PSB...
Dreamworld or another project?🤔
We have to wait some more time. I guess the Dreamworld tour will start hopefully this year..
Yep saw this also ... seems like he's getting more active recently.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Spittingcat

#201 Post by Spittingcat »

You know only 17,00 died OF covid right?
You used to show signs of thinking for yourself, now you just regurgitate the latest line. So sad.

Anyway, as someone hanging on for the “tour after the hits tour” for people who listen intently to their work, rather than just remember their imperial phase… I really hope they can crack on and get this Dreamworld thing done and dusted, and the money put away somewhere safe.

canveyboy

#202 Post by canveyboy »

Tom Angel wrote: Mon 24 Jan 2022, 8:07 am
NotInvisible wrote: Mon 24 Jan 2022, 12:23 am
You know people die right? You know only 17,00 died OF covid right? That the average age of death was 81.5. Were you this upset by the flu killing 17,000 in 2018? How many died from the flu in 2020? Covid and lockdown zealots like you have killed and destroyed far more lives than covid. Have a word with yourself.
Gotta say I completely agree with this 👆- and without this getting too political i would like to point out that these figures Tom has stated are not ‘the latest line’ - these are actual documented and published facts and figures on the government’s own website - you just have to look. It’s there. It is a fact that only 17,000 people have died OF Covid. All 80+ years of age on average. The above figure of 152,000 deaths are people who have died since March 2020 who had Covid at the time of death. 152,000 people have not died OF Covid. In simple terms, if someone had a massive heart attack that killed them but had also tested positive in the prior 28 days, their death was put down as Covid. And that’s why the figure is so high. They want the public to think that that many people have died, scare tactics to make you get the jab and boosters!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Future Lover

#204 Post by Future Lover »

Honestly lost all aspirations to help humanity in any way after seeing how many people don't wear their masks properly, don't keep social distance, don't trust the science, try to present Covid as a mild cold, pretend nothing's happening, promote anti-vax theories, think someone's doing all this just to ruin *their* life... the list goes on. Used to be a lot more humanist, and now I'm just beyond cynical and hateful. I'll just happily welcome an extinction event once it happens.

tottenhammattspurs

#205 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Take the jab. Crack on. Don’t be selfish. Idiots with their full on covid denial quite frankly deserve everything they get.
is is and isnt isnt

Spittingcat

#206 Post by Spittingcat »

It is a fact that only 17,000 people have died OF Covid.
No it’s the latest line in conspiracy theory bullshit for the gullible. If someone died of Covid it is on their death certificate. That figure you have there is for people who have passed away who had no pre-existing condition. And Covid, as we all know, mostly kills people with pre-existing conditions and the elderly. 170,000 people have died in the UK of Covid19… that most of those people also had Asthma, or Alzheimer’s, or Autism etc… and so were more vulnerable to Covid… does not mean they didn’t die of it.

Future Lover

#207 Post by Future Lover »

The excess deaths in my country reached 50k for the past two years, and our usual rate is 100k per year. Something to think about.

boyjohn

#208 Post by boyjohn »

I just take comfort in that the covid deniers are slowly but surely killing themselves off. Check out this website, it's both hilarious and chilling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Grover

#209 Post by Grover »

Grover wrote: Mon 10 Jan 2022, 7:00 pm What are the chances the 2022 tour will go ahead? :wall:
Hi, can fans who live in the UK point me to a website where I can find proper information about the current status in the UK concerning Covid restrictions for concerts? (I am not interested in a (heated) debate about Covid, like is happening in the posts above).

I have searched on Google (obviously), but can’t seem to find any good source that tells me what the current situation is in the UK around music events. I know it’s early days, but I am wondering what will be happening on May 22, 2022 when Pet Shop Boys are scheduled to play the O2 Arena in London.

Obviously, the continuation of their world tour is not only dependent on what rules the UK will have, but also on what rules any country will have, since it’s a world tour. Hopefully Dreamworld will not stay into dream mode for much longer…

Spittingcat

#210 Post by Spittingcat »

Where in the UK?

In England, there are no legal restrictions, but most venues I’ve been to recently require proof of vaccination or test.