80sography Stephen Hague podcasts

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
CroMagnon

Re: 80sography Stephen Hague podcasts

#16 Post by CroMagnon »

StevePSB wrote: Sun 05 Sep 2021, 11:12 am
Suburban_Boy wrote: Sat 04 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm Wow!! Even crazier when you then go back and listen to the track because now it seems as clear as day! :D
Yep, I thought exactly the same. You hear it perfectly now.

Before, I could have sworn 'Soho' was in there!

StevePSB
I always assumed it was a recording of street corner newspaper seller for some reason.
Love comes quickly, but is a catastrophe and a bourgeois construct etc.

TwizzleUK

#17 Post by TwizzleUK »

g_m wrote: Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:33 am
Suburban_Boy wrote: Sat 04 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm Wow!! Even crazier when you then go back and listen to the track because now it seems as clear as day! :D
Exactly. Just been listening to the 10" Mix on headphones and the sample is there at 30 seconds on the left channel and is a lot clearer than the 7" version. After the podcast revelation, it's now really obvious what she's saying.
Listened to the DJ Hell mix of West End Grls today, and the "get on the microphone" recording is even more audible there just before it ends at 8:06, with merely a couple of beats in the background.

Quite liked that DJ Hell mix. Only annoying thing was I bought it from (I think) a Woolworths digital music store at the time, as it wasn't available on CD or other download platforms. It was a protected WMP file that no longer plays on any computers because of the tough protection - and there's no Woolworths digital (or physical) stores to contact to download another copy from. Managed to track a promo copy of it down on 12" (which oddly lists the artist as "Paid Show Boys"), but nevertheless it's the same mix. Shame it's never come out digitally anywhere else!

Hobosan
Japan

#18 Post by Hobosan »

TwizzleUK wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021, 12:26 am
g_m wrote: Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:33 am
Exactly. Just been listening to the 10" Mix on headphones and the sample is there at 30 seconds on the left channel and is a lot clearer than the 7" version. After the podcast revelation, it's now really obvious what she's saying.
Listened to the DJ Hell mix of West End Grls today, and the "get on the microphone" recording is even more audible there just before it ends at 8:06, with merely a couple of beats in the background.

Quite liked that DJ Hell mix. Only annoying thing was I bought it from (I think) a Woolworths digital music store at the time, as it wasn't available on CD or other download platforms. It was a protected WMP file that no longer plays on any computers because of the tough protection - and there's no Woolworths digital (or physical) stores to contact to download another copy from. Managed to track a promo copy of it down on 12" (which oddly lists the artist as "Paid Show Boys"), but nevertheless it's the same mix. Shame it's never come out digitally anywhere else!
Paid Show Boys! 😄

tottenhammattspurs

#19 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Re:- Paid Show Boys. It’s not the same mix. It’s longer at 8mins 40. The version on the Flamboyant releases is only 6:58.
is is and isnt isnt

OakeyDokey

#20 Post by OakeyDokey »

Could someone please link to the Julian Mendehlsson YouTube pod where he talks about recording with PSB ?

TwizzleUK

#21 Post by TwizzleUK »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021, 1:51 pm Re:- Paid Show Boys. It’s not the same mix. It’s longer at 8mins 40. The version on the Flamboyant releases is only 6:58.
The digital download I bought in 2004 was 8:45