PSB website and cookies

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
the8thark

PSB website and cookies

#1 Post by the8thark »

The PSB website uses a third party called One Trust to push cookies. To the point that you can not use the website without at least accepting the cookies One Trust defines as strictly necessary cookies.
When the PSB website demands you accept the cookies, the link back to the 3rd party website is:
https://www.onetrust.com/products/cookie-consent/

This is more of an informational post, so those who want to visit their website but do not want to be tracked while doing so, can take the appropriate measures.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

james23_uk

Re: PSB website and cookies

#2 Post by james23_uk »

I don't understand this new-age fear of being tracked online. Who cares whether the adverts I see are targeted, or whether a site knows if I've been there before or where I linked in from? I'm far more bothered about the annoying pop-ups everywhere that demand I click "ok".
at rock bottom :wall:

leesmapman

#3 Post by leesmapman »

james23_uk wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021, 3:22 am I don't understand this new-age fear of being tracked online. Who cares whether the adverts I see are targeted, or whether a site knows if I've been there before or where I linked in from? I'm far more bothered about the annoying pop-ups everywhere that demand I click "ok".
Because if a company does it, people call it "who cares" and if a government does it, people call it "fascism".

james23_uk

#4 Post by james23_uk »

leesmapman wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021, 7:35 am
james23_uk wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021, 3:22 am I don't understand this new-age fear of being tracked online. Who cares whether the adverts I see are targeted, or whether a site knows if I've been there before or where I linked in from? I'm far more bothered about the annoying pop-ups everywhere that demand I click "ok".
Because if a company does it, people call it "who cares" and if a government does it, people call it "fascism".
Wouldn't care if the government did it either.
at rock bottom :wall:

Andie

#5 Post by Andie »

I honestly don't care who's tracking me online. Big brother knows what we're doing whether we like it or not. :shifty: :roll:
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars