Please PSB: change the print (font size) in Annually

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Grover

Please PSB: change the print (font size) in Annually

#1 Post by Grover »

With anticipation I opened the new Annually, what a nice gift I gave myself, I heard myself thinking. Took it to bed to read it before entering ‘dreamland’ :wink:

My enthusiasm was tempered quickly ... because I was unable to read this book. The print (font) size is sooo small, it is not normal. And... I had my glasses on. EVEN with my reading glasses on, I could not read it! :wall:

So there I was, holding my iPhone in front of me, with the camera zoomed in on the text, to be able to read step by step what Annually had to offer. A pleasant experience it is not.

Please PSB Management, can something be done about this? It is a BOOK... it should be r.e.a.d.a.b.l.e.

Thanks for listening, so we can see :up:

PS: or provide buyers who experience these issues with a PDF version. That way this problem is solved immediately (PDF’s you can zoom into)

tottenhammattspurs

Re: Please PSB: change the print (font size) in Annually

#2 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

It’s been that size since 1989. Perhaps some better glasses?

I feel you pain though. I have to have glasses on to read anything nowadays.
is is and isnt isnt

OakeyDokey

#3 Post by OakeyDokey »

Help The Aged cos one time they were just like you
Drinking, smoking cigs and sniffin' glue

Marie loves PSB

#4 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Grover I have got the same problem! I have only ever bought one Annually and it was for the Ep of Give Stupidity a Chance. I couldn't read the book and gave up on it and that was also with new glasses too at the time. You could either get a magnifying glass (I couldn't be bothered to be honest) or you can get some A4 plastic coloured covers called coloured overlays. They used to be for visually disturbed/visually stressed eye problems. They are now found on dyslexic help web-sites too. You can even get coloured lenses in glasses as well. Please if you are thinking of giving these a go don't spend too much money first off just in case they don't work for you. I have tried magenta and green overlays and found the magenta one much better. But, you have to find the coloured overlay your eyes are best with. These are just some suggestions you could try. :)
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Sun 06 Jun 2021, 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gabby

#5 Post by Gabby »

The font is incredibly small isn't it.

I ended up removing my bifocals and just holding the book about a centimeter from my face.

I assume its to save costs...more pages equals higher price.

bongsteve

#6 Post by bongsteve »

I have progressive lenses (3 different ranges in the lens) and I still found it challenging to read.

Oznerol

#7 Post by Oznerol »

Same here. PSB must assume that as they´re getting older, also their fans.... Their attitude about aging was "no photos"...our is just "biiger fonts on Annually please". I think it´s a fair thing... :P
This is not my signature.