Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Undertaker

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

#211 Post by Undertaker »

This forum has always had its fair share of scroungers. Theyre easy to spot. They won't contribute until its time for new music and they'll slither out and in their own backward way, hint for any files.

I'll read the book when it arrives but I'm never really a keen collector of these, so if anyone wants it who is a regular contributer on here, can have it free of charge, I'll send it them it. You aint having the CD though ;)

Gabby

#212 Post by Gabby »

PSB store now states Annually 2021 is sold out.

OakeyDokey

#213 Post by OakeyDokey »

A pity this isn't an April Fools thread like the Dreamland CD/DVD one...

rashomon

#214 Post by rashomon »

I think it’s on its way ‘soon’

Just had my credit card charged
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

ScruffyStorms

#215 Post by ScruffyStorms »

I just had an email saying my Annually order has been cancelled! This is the text:

"Delivery 1 of your order has been cancelled because payment was unsuccessful. When your order was placed we had an authorization to debit the payment which lasts for a month. When we came to process your order this run out so we tried to re-authorize payment but payment re-authorization this second time was not successful.

Usually when this happens it is because there aren't sufficient funds available but you would have to contact your payment provider to get confirmation on this as we don't get given any specific info when this happens. If you would still like to receive the item(s) please place a new order for them on the site."

I can't quite understand why this has happened - why would the authorization for payment only last a month? Has this happened to anyone else? Really disappointing because of course I can't place a new order, it's sold out! (Though logically there should be one available as my order has been cancelled!)
Scruffy Storms - All the music of my life

moxlox

#216 Post by moxlox »

ScruffyStorms wrote: Tue 04 May 2021, 9:00 am I just had an email saying my Annually order has been cancelled! This is the text:

"Delivery 1 of your order has been cancelled because payment was unsuccessful. When your order was placed we had an authorization to debit the payment which lasts for a month. When we came to process your order this run out so we tried to re-authorize payment but payment re-authorization this second time was not successful.

Usually when this happens it is because there aren't sufficient funds available but you would have to contact your payment provider to get confirmation on this as we don't get given any specific info when this happens. If you would still like to receive the item(s) please place a new order for them on the site."

I can't quite understand why this has happened - why would the authorization for payment only last a month? Has this happened to anyone else? Really disappointing because of course I can't place a new order, it's sold out! (Though logically there should be one available as my order has been cancelled!)
Same happened to mine this morning; and yes it is listed as sold out now so you can’t re-order. The same as last year, and the year before! I complained last year but they clearly haven’t done anything about it.

I emailed them immediately and await a reply.

Anyone know the phone number for Digital Stores? I recall phoning them last year.

So annoyed.
Circuses and Bread

ScruffyStorms

#217 Post by ScruffyStorms »

moxlox wrote: Tue 04 May 2021, 9:21 am
Same happened to mine this morning; and yes it is listed as sold out now so you can’t re-order. The same as last year, and the year before! I complained last year but they clearly haven’t done anything about it.

Anyone know the phone number for Digital Stores? I recall phoning them last year.

So annoyed.
I've discovered the root of the problem at my end - for some reason my bank decided that this was a fraudulent transaction and blocked my card. I've got my card unblocked now but of course can't re-order!

What email address did you use to contact them? I will try and see if my order can be re-instated, as my copy should theoretically still be available seeing as no one else could have bought it.
Scruffy Storms - All the music of my life

Debussy

#218 Post by Debussy »

I've been billed so must be in its way. Exciting.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

daveid

#219 Post by daveid »

ScruffyStorms wrote: Tue 04 May 2021, 9:55 am

So annoyed.
I've discovered the root of the problem at my end - for some reason my bank decided that this was a fraudulent transaction and blocked my card. I've got my card unblocked now but of course can't re-order!

What email address did you use to contact them? I will try and see if my order can be re-instated, as my copy should theoretically still be available seeing as no one else could have bought it.
They read it as Anally with single cricket wife and blocked it immediately.

Zazzoo

#220 Post by Zazzoo »

ScruffyStorms wrote: Tue 04 May 2021, 9:55 am

So annoyed.

I have had the exact same issue this morning with Digital Stores - payment cancelled due to potential fraudulent transaction. Once again I can't find a telephone number. Exactly the same as what happened last year. No reply as yet and I'm already dreading the inevitable debacle trying to talk to someone at DS....

If anyone can track down phone number I'd be indebted...

Suburban_Boy

#221 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I see my card has been charged also. So for those of us outside the UK but still in Europe, are we definitely going to get stung by some extra charges before the postal services will deliver? :cry:

psbfannyc

#222 Post by psbfannyc »

Digital Stores is one of the most unprofessional unorganized unethical music product digital stores on the planet. It has to be operated by some 20-something guy in his flat smoking a blunt on the sofa playing video games. What a joke.

Scottydog

#223 Post by Scottydog »

This seems to happen year after year with pre-orders. They are either blocked as possible fraud or because there’s been a new card since the original order. I’d be well pee’d off! I started to use PayPal instead if I have to pre-order from them. It means I have to pay upfront but it avoids situations like this.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

moxlox

#224 Post by moxlox »

Scottydog wrote: Tue 04 May 2021, 1:01 pm This seems to happen year after year with pre-orders. They are either blocked as possible fraud or because there’s been a new card since the original order. I’d be well pee’d off! I started to use PayPal instead if I have to pre-order from them. It means I have to pay upfront but it avoids situations like this.
Thanks for the tip. If only I’d remembered PayPal this time! Someone said that last year.

As with ScruffyStorms above it was blocked due to potentially fraudulent activity, just the same as last year on multiple occasions. Very irritating. And I didn’t learn my lesson from before!
Circuses and Bread

Galex

#225 Post by Galex »

My order was also cancelled.

When I contacted my bank they said the transaction was refused because the store/website did something wrong this morning when they (manually?) tried to withdraw the money from my card. The original reservation back in March was made in a correct way however, but this is of no help now of course. Very frustrating.