Hull 2021

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
AlwaysBoring

Hull 2021

#1 Post by AlwaysBoring »

I’ve just booked two standing tickets for Hull. It will be my first ever PSB gig. But it will also be my first “big” gig in about ten years. I suffer with anxiety (and depression) so couldn’t handle crowds. What are PSB gigs like?. I used to queue for 12 hours to get to the front of gigs and it would be a squeeze, is it like that? Or more laid back?.

leesmapman

Re: Hull 2021

#2 Post by leesmapman »

Difficult to answer. Depends on the venue. The Fundamental tour and the Pandemonium tour both had venues with seats here in the Netherlands. That makes it a lot easier and more relaxed to get in.

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Marie loves PSB

#3 Post by Marie loves PSB »

AlwaysBoring wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020, 3:02 pm What are PSB gigs like?
Usually amazing! :up: :D When we have been fans have been great etc... The only real problem we have had is the seating as I am disabled. Some of the gigs the sound jumps off of where we are sitting and ruins it. (Birmingham was shocking). You won't have that problem standing! lol.. :mrgreen:

AlwaysBoring

#4 Post by AlwaysBoring »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 25 Jul 2020, 9:17 am
Usually amazing! :up: :D When we have been fans have been great etc... The only real problem we have had is the seating as I am disabled. Some of the gigs the sound jumps off of where we are sitting and ruins it. (Birmingham was shocking). You won't have that problem standing! lol.. :mrgreen:
Do you have priority seating?. The venue I’m going to seems to be more like a hall than an arena. One block of standing and one block of seating. No seats surrounding or anything.

Pod

#5 Post by Pod »

I have tickets for Hull too. PSB gigs are not rowdy affairs. Every time I have been at the front it’s been civilised. Don’t worry - enjoy it.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

toasterinthebath

#6 Post by toasterinthebath »

AlwaysBoring, I can offer you a scientific-based answer to your question based on some gossip from Popbitch a while ago:

"One thing we learned this summer is that
touring bands often telegraph to their
venues what to expect from their gig.
This is what the Pet Shop Boys say about
their followers:

'Age - 20 – 50
Male–Female Ratio - 60% to 40%
For the purposes of profiling the expected
crowd a rating of 1 equals a very quiet/seated
audience where 10 is chaotic - crowd
profile is a 4.'

FYI: Snow Patrol identify themselves as a '3'."

So specifically, ten percent more chaotic than a Snow Patrol gig. I think you'll be alright! ;)

leesmapman

#7 Post by leesmapman »

I love science. Where is scienceguy when you need him?

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Marie loves PSB

#8 Post by Marie loves PSB »

AlwaysBoring wrote: Sat 25 Jul 2020, 4:59 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 25 Jul 2020, 9:17 am
Do you have priority seating?. The venue I’m going to seems to be more like a hall than an arena. One block of standing and one block of seating. No seats surrounding or anything.
I am not going to Hull AlwaysBoring. :D (Getting too old now - we are pipe and slippers without the pipe lol..). I have had disabled seating tickets before but, the Birmingham concert the seats were awful and the sound was bouncing off of everything.

You will be fine! :D :up:

innerxsanctum

#9 Post by innerxsanctum »

I'm from South America so my experience might be completely different from yours but as someone who is autistic and has generalized anxiety since the beginning of time, maybe it can help you out. So I went to the Super Tour in Santiago (first proper show of the tour) when I was barely 18:
- Queue: I went to the venue at 11am and the concert would take place at 10pm. There were a couple of guys already waiting but nothing big. I think they were part of the Argentinian fanclub so understandable.
- Concert: If you have problems with loud noises, I would suggest to bring something for your ears. Pretty sure there will be banging and lasers again so take that into consideration too. My ears rang for two days straight but I'm extremely sensitive so I was mentally prepared for that.
- People: 10/10. I was surrounded by adults and they took care of me even though it wasn't my first concert. The only pushes I could feel were when Neil would come close to us (I was first row standing up) but nothing crazy.

Overall it was such a pleasing experience that I'm planning on buying tickets for three concerts in three different countries for the Dreamworld Tour. 🙂

Synthrobot

#10 Post by Synthrobot »

I've never done standing, but from my experience of going to many PSB gigs, it is a euphoric experience and the people around you all love them as much as you do. I hope you have an amazing time AlwaysBoring.

Philbyinthedesert

#11 Post by Philbyinthedesert »

As somebody who hails from Hull, I can tell you that this gig will be anything but calm. If there's one thing Hull folk know how to do it is party. If you factor in that this could be one of the city's first live shows in 14 months the atmosphere could be almost festival like. If it goes ahead with full capacity it means we will finally be COVID free , that on it's own is going to put people in the biggest party mood ever!