It Couldn’t Happen Here June 2020 Release Confirmed

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
AdamDowds

Re: It Couldn’t Happen Here June 2020 Release Confirmed

#196 Post by AdamDowds »

I ordered from base.com on the 8th June. As of the 15th they were 'awaiting stock from the supplier', so I bit the bullet and bought from Amazon for an extra £5, using the link from the PSB social media.

Expecting it Saturday.

Boring90

#197 Post by Boring90 »

Sold out at the BFI and unavailable at Amazon.

Mine has said 'Preparing For Dispatch' since Friday.
Las Vegas 1999

Scottydog

#198 Post by Scottydog »

Mine arrived yesterday. Lovely presentation. It would have been worth it just for the photo of Chris smiling 😊 I’m waiting for a time to watch it alone. I’m not having other people around interfering with its craziness.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

retrofuturist

#199 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Boring90 wrote: Wed 17 Jun 2020, 6:42 am Sold out at the BFI and unavailable at Amazon.

That's a concern. If this becomes another of those instances of people pre-ordering something and then missing out, there'll be some justifiably upset Petheads... especially on account of how long we've had to wait for this to be released, as it is!

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Marie loves PSB

#200 Post by Marie loves PSB »

StevePSB wrote: Tue 16 Jun 2020, 10:14 am
Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 16 Jun 2020, 8:25 am
StevePSB wrote: Sat 13 Jun 2020, 3:31 pm Choreographer - Arlene Phillips. Not into Strictly, particularly, but I was surprised to see her name at the start. I wouldn't have known who she was when I last watched the film!

I'd have to watch again, but I didn't notice any unintentional black moments, Marie.

StevePSB
Thank you for letting me know Steve. :D

Who on earth is Bucky Goldstein? I have been looking online but, I still cannot get a proper answer. :?
It's a made up name that equates to the Jewish cowboy that the priest's character alluded to. He clearly wanted to impress whoever he was talking about (I can't remember!) that only got turned on by Jewish cowboys. :lol:

StevePSB
Thank you for letting me know Steve. :D I was looking all over the Internet thinking it was a singer. :oops: lol.. I was supposed to have said before that it was a shock to see Arlene Phillips credited. Natalie Roles from "The Bill" is a dancer in it as well.

Marie loves PSB

#201 Post by Marie loves PSB »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed 17 Jun 2020, 6:57 am Greetings,
Boring90 wrote: Wed 17 Jun 2020, 6:42 am Sold out at the BFI and unavailable at Amazon.

That's a concern. If this becomes another of those instances of people pre-ordering something and then missing out, there'll be some justifiably upset Petheads... especially on account of how long we've had to wait for this to be released, as it is!

Retro. :)
Please look on HMV online as it is on there if any of you are having problems. :) https://store.hmv.com/search?searchtext=pet+shop+boys

Re-edit just as I clicked it - it went out of stock but, I think they are expecting more.

trafaelwyr

#202 Post by trafaelwyr »

I ordered mine from Amazon UK back in March and according to the delivery, I should have it by the 1st of July. Geez.

canveyboy

#203 Post by canveyboy »

trafaelwyr wrote: Wed 17 Jun 2020, 12:51 pm I ordered mine from Amazon UK back in March and according to the delivery, I should have it by the 1st of July. Geez.
That’s ridiculous - I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday (after Zavvi let me down) and it’s apparently coming Friday! But who knows?
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Pete13

#204 Post by Pete13 »

I ordered mine from Amazon on Monday and it arrived first thing yesterday. My friend ordered it on Amazon in February and delivery is estimated for July - odd!

Wish

#205 Post by Wish »

I ordered on Amazon in February and it still not even dispatched

canveyboy

#206 Post by canveyboy »

Update: just got a dispatch email from Amazon! Says it’s coming Friday but will probably be tomorrow! That’s very odd for those that ordered earlier and have not had a dispatch yet!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Boring90

#207 Post by Boring90 »

Sight & Sound just mentioned on Twitter that a non-limited edition version is coming next Monday.

https://twitter.com/SightSoundmag/statu ... 7949775877
Las Vegas 1999

Boring90

#208 Post by Boring90 »

Finally shipped from Amazon. The prices on eBay are getting silly.
Las Vegas 1999

IRONFLAME.de

#209 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

This just in from Base.com:
Dear xxx,

We have cancelled your order for It Couldn't Happen Here (Limited Edition) [Dual Format Edition] as we are unable to get a firm re-supply date for this product from our suppliers.

I am incredibly sorry for this, we have been severely let down by the studio who had assigned us stock.

Please accept our apologies but we have a policy of not keeping back orders of titles we have no idea when we can supply.
😡
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

Boring90

#210 Post by Boring90 »

Base did the same thing recently to some people who pre-ordered a limited edition Dr. Who Blu-Ray set. Cancelled the orders and blamed it on their "suppliers".
Las Vegas 1999