Poll ends soon on whether you want PSB to eventually have a "retirement tour"

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Poll ends soon on whether you want PSB to eventually have a "retirement tour"

#1 Post by geowayne »

Hey there! Because I have an extremely busy Easter weekend ahead of me, I've decided to end my current Pet Shop Boys poll and deploy my new one roughly 12 hours earlier than usual this weekend. What that means is that for my site visitors here in the Western Hemisphere, my survey-changeover will probably occur late Saturday morning or early afternoon; for those of you in Europe, it will be late Saturday afternoon or early evening; in India it will be late Saturday night; and if you're in East Asia, it should be more like the wee hours of Sunday morning.

In other words, tomorrow (Friday) will be, at least for most of you, the last full day of my current poll, in which I'm asking whether you would prefer, when the time comes, for the Pet Shop Boys to have an announced final "retirement tour" or, by contrast, for them simply to "fade away" without any pre-announced final tour. So if you haven't voted yet, please take a moment to visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and make your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

On *Saturday* I will end this poll, post the final results, and kick off a new one for the two weeks ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has already voted! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend -- and, if you observe the holiday (and even if you don't), I wish you a very happy Easter!

Elbagarpie

Re: Poll ends soon on whether you want PSB to eventually have a "retirement tour"

#2 Post by Elbagarpie »

Needs a final flourish...of Being Boring...in the 2020s. If it's a goodbye/posthumously tour. I fall apart at PSB at their most beautiful album conclusions. And these are on top for now.
Last edited by Elbagarpie on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasonjohn

Re: Poll ends soon on whether you want PSB to eventually have a "retirement tour"

#3 Post by jasonjohn »

They will but I recon the next album will be a more of the same banging and lasers... which is great

But the final tour would be back to theatrics ... maybe revisiting the themes of each period?

Elbagarpie

#4 Post by Elbagarpie »

On that point, the Yes 'Brits' record is, for me, a recently discovered gem, some sort of mash-up like that would make an enchanting ending track if truly stretching from one end to the other of the Boys' career.

BoyStrange

#5 Post by BoyStrange »

What the poll actually tells us is that 51,6 % don't mind PSB doing a retirement tour.

East End Girl

#6 Post by East End Girl »

A retirement tour? Oh no, the thought of it makes me very sad and I don't even want to think about that. :(

I don't want the soundtrack of my life ever to stop and just wish that everything goes on ... and on ... and on ... forever!
Hopefully this terrible day is far, far away ... lightyears away.

So just let's change the subject very quickly and talk about much nicer things like the next album, new projects, upcoming events ... maybe/hopefully the next tour ... :dance:

jules

#7 Post by jules »

The poll is good but i would wait 2040 because 64 is not old in 2019.

PETHEAD72

#8 Post by PETHEAD72 »

East End Girl wrote: Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:59 am A retirement tour? Oh no, the thought of it makes me very sad and I don't even want to think about that. :(

I don't want the soundtrack of my life ever to stop and just wish that everything goes on ... and on ... and on ... forever!
Hopefully this terrible day is far, far away ... lightyears away.

So just let's change the subject very quickly and talk about much nicer things like the next album, new projects, upcoming events ... maybe/hopefully the next tour ... :dance:
I totally agree with every single word!!!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

East End Girl

#9 Post by East End Girl »

Thank you, PETHEAD72! It's very nice to know that I'm not the only one :)

PETHEAD72

#10 Post by PETHEAD72 »

East End Girl wrote: Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:38 pm Thank you, PETHEAD72! It's very nice to know that I'm not the only one :)
:up: :up: :up:
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol: