Final results of poll on interest in "new" music

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on interest in "new" music

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which (in an unusual question, at least for me, that really had nothing to do with the Pet Shop Boys) I asked my site visitors about their current interest in "new" music -- that is, music by artists with whom they're not already quite familiar. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I'm fairly open to 'new music' and will listen if the opportunity presents itself, but I don't actively seek it out," picked by 33.0% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the week ahead has a seasonal theme, focusing on Christmas songs -- specifically original (non-cover) pop Christmas songs of the 1990s. That of course includes the Pet Shop Boys' own 1997 Christmas song "It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas." I've drawn upon a list published two years ago by Us Magazine of what they considered the twelve best original Christmas songs of that decade. Since the PSB song isn't included in that list, I've added it for a total of thirteen. From this list I'd like for you to pick the one that you consider the best, or at least your own favorite.

Now, to be sure, since I run a PSB fansite frequented by PSB fans, I fully acknowledge the bias. It's very likely that "It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas" will receive the most votes. But, then again, that may not prove true. Whatever the case, it will be interesting to see the final breakdown. So please take a few moments to go through the list of Christmas songs I've provided right there on my home page and make your selection. (And I have the usual options for those of you who feel you can't choose of those songs for one reason or another.)

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a fabulous week ahead!