Neil Tennant announces new book

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Suburban_Boy

Neil Tennant announces new book

#1 Post by Suburban_Boy »

'One Hundred Lyrics and a Poem' by Neil Tennant will be published by Faber & Faber on November 1st. The book is Neil’s choice of one hundred of his song lyrics plus a short poem and also has an introduction written by Neil detailing his personal history as a songwriter and his creative processes. Neil will be in conversation with Michael Bracewell at a special event to mark the publication of the book. Full details of the book, the event and a special signed limited edition can be found below.

http://petshopboys.co.uk/news/2018-07-2 ... s-new-book

popfreak

Re: Neil Tennant announces new book

#2 Post by popfreak »

I don’t quite understand the reason behind this book. Who is it aimed at ? Are fans going to buy it just because it’s a Psb item? Is your average music fan going to buy it when all the lyrics are readily available on the psb site ?

agent doris

#3 Post by agent doris »

popfreak wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:28 am I don’t quite understand the reason behind this book. Who is it aimed at ? Are fans going to buy it just because it’s a Psb item? Is your average music fan going to buy it when all the lyrics are readily available on the psb site ?
I don’t know, but just take my money...

limited edition

Future Lover

#4 Post by Future Lover »

It's gonna include lyrics commentary, I guess? That should make it worthwhile, even though we all read the FL booklets.

Bulldog

#5 Post by Bulldog »

Chris should have written the introduction :mrgreen:

Bulldog

#6 Post by Bulldog »

popfreak wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:28 am I don’t quite understand the reason behind this book. Who is it aimed at ? Are fans going to buy it just because it’s a Psb item? Is your average music fan going to buy it when all the lyrics are readily available on the psb site ?
I see it as a test. If it works we might see more of that in the future, which should be good as PSB sooner or later are going to slow down...

TG

#7 Post by TG »

Hmmm £75 for the ltd edition. Think i'll give it a miss. On Amazon @ £14.99 for the hard cover, so maybe

goughsjd

#8 Post by goughsjd »

agent doris wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:31 am

limited edition
Snap hook line & the rest of it straight into buying the limited edition !! This is turning into a pretty expensive year so far ....
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

tottenhammattspurs

#9 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

£14.99 on Amazon. Yes.

£75 for a signed copy? No. Total pi55 take that price.
    is is and isnt isnt

Pod

#10 Post by Pod »

Ok, bought the limited edition - reckon at only 500 that won’t last long, even though I do feel I’ve been ripped off!
    Last edited by Pod on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

goughsjd

#11 Post by goughsjd »

There was a quaetsion in Annually 2017 to do with something like this and Neil says that he was approached about it ... I’m guessing this was the result then eh !!
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Pod

#12 Post by Pod »

goughsjd wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018, 11:03 am There was a quaetsion in Annually 2017 to do with something like this and Neil says that he was approached about it ... I’m guessing this was the result then eh !!
      Actually, now you mention it that does ring a bell.
      Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
      It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

tottenhammattspurs

#13 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

You could buy the regular book at the live discussion/signing for £14.99, add the ticket price of £16 on it, get it signed there and STILL have £44 to spare!!!
      is is and isnt isnt

jasonjohn

#14 Post by jasonjohn »

lol for years ppl have been asking for Neil to write something and when he does..

The regular release price is fair. Limited Editions will be Limited Editions.

Marie loves PSB

#15 Post by Marie loves PSB »

agent doris wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:31 am

limited edition
      lol @ agent doris. :lol: