Imagine PSB get Nobel Peace Prize for inspiring Kim Jong-un to change things to the better?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

Imagine PSB get Nobel Peace Prize for inspiring Kim Jong-un to change things to the better?

#1 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neilatrone

Re: Imagine PSB get Nobel Peace Prize for inspiring Kim Jong-un to change things to the better?

#2 Post by Neilatrone »

Greendrake wrote: Thu 07 Jun 2018, 12:01 pm What if Kim Jong-un's decisions over the last half-a-year (sending athletes to Olympics in South Korea, meetings with the South Korean leader and Trump and softening of nuclear rhetoric) were in fact inspired by listening to The dictator decides? :)
Would the song not be more relevant to Trump than Kim Jong-un?

ZiggyPSB

Re: Imagine PSB get Nobel Peace Prize for inspiring Kim Jong-un to change things to the better?

#3 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Deleted
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

retrofuturist

#4 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Greendrake,

The song actually gives a pretty good account of Kim Jong-Un, IMO. In a sense, Donald Trump is giving Kim "an out", so he can leave despotic governance aside, and help his nation become a normal country, or even merge with South Korea to form Korea if he really wants to get out the game altogether.

It will be a great outcome for all (except those with TDS) if it pans out as I suspect it will.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Pod

#5 Post by Pod »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018, 3:02 am Greetings Greendrake,

The song actually gives a pretty good account of Kim Jong-Un, IMO. In a sense, Donald Trump is giving Kim "an out", so he can leave despotic governance aside, and help his nation become a normal country, or even merge with South Korea to form Korea if he really wants to get out the game altogether.

It will be a great outcome for all (except those with TDS) if it pans out as I suspect it will.

Well, we’ll see...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Sandy Shaw

#6 Post by Sandy Shaw »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018, 3:02 am Greetings Greendrake,

What is TDS?
What's for supper?

retrofuturist

#7 Post by retrofuturist »

"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

glennjridge

#8 Post by glennjridge »

Neilatrone wrote: Thu 07 Jun 2018, 5:24 pm
Greendrake wrote: Thu 07 Jun 2018, 12:01 pm What if Kim Jong-un's decisions over the last half-a-year (sending athletes to Olympics in South Korea, meetings with the South Korean leader and Trump and softening of nuclear rhetoric) were in fact inspired by listening to The dictator decides? :)
Would the song not be more relevant to Trump than Kim Jong-un?
Oh brother,TDS indeed. you types have no powers of discernment. you weeping willows see Hitlers under the bed. anyways, back on point, you have the song being about a dictator tired of his situation and wanting to change....and here you have a actual dictator, wanting to meet at a summit to disengage from his nuclear ambitions. it is pretty damn close. I would put this as another PSB song mirroring real life!