Gdansk 4th September

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
Hanna

Gdansk 4th September

#1 Post by Hanna »

It's getting closer! I'm really looking forward to the show, but starting to feel a bit nervous as well. I'm going alone to a country I never been to, don't know the language and actually I'm also travelling by plane for the first time in my life. It may sound strange but I'm scared of flying so I have avoided it, until now. What don't you do to see the Boys :) I'm willing to do what it takes, to experience 1½ hour of magic during the show. I saw PSB in Stockholm in June and it was absolutely amazing so I just have to see them again and hopefully it will be as fantastic in Poland!

Corina

Re: Gdansk 4th September

#2 Post by Corina »

Congrats, Hanna, for your courage and passion! Ask here whatever you need to - I`m positive the Polish fans are ready to help. As for doing apparently crazy trips in order to see PSB in concert, I understand you well :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Hanna

#3 Post by Hanna »

Thanks for your reply and understanding Corina :) I think I will not get much sleep the night before the trip. Maybe it was crazy enough going to the concert in Stockholm since I live 600 km away, but at least that was in my country and I could go by train. Unfortunately I missed the show in Copenhagen which is much closer for me. But I can not think of anything better for a holiday than going for a PSB-show and I don't mind travelling. It's not that far away either, only 1 hour by plane but a very scary hour for me...

dynamobjornen

#4 Post by dynamobjornen »

I was thinking about going to Gdansk myself since I was on vacation when they played in Stockholm. But i did have to face the fact that I need to stay home and work :(

Hope you have a good time, Gdansk is a nice city :D
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Corina

#5 Post by Corina »

Hanna, I first flied six years ago - so I remember well my first flight. It was a job trip that I couldn`t refuse, it implied flying to Madrid, which is not close to my country. I was a with a colleague, which made things a bit easier, and of course I told to the hostess that it was my first flight. You should do the same, she will be there to help you, I think. Or it could be a nice steward there (Lufthansa has the nicest ones if you ask me :-)) - even better!! My little advice is to keep your back against the backrest and swallow every time your ears "clog". You`ll relax soon, flying is actually such a wonderful experience :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Hanna

#6 Post by Hanna »

Dynamobjornen, you have to plan your holidays better :)

Corina, thanks for your advice. Wish I had somebody with me, but maybe I would be quite annoying for that person :)

Violence

#7 Post by Violence »

We are very happy that people from another country coming for the PSB to my city (I living in Gdynia-near the Gdansk). I go with my friends for the concert too ...- of course. If you have some questions or need somethnig - I here :)
You find me on FB -Beata Parzych-Żochowska

dynamobjornen

#8 Post by dynamobjornen »

Hanna wrote:Dynamobjornen, you have to plan your holidays better :)
Jag vet! :oops:
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Hanna

#9 Post by Hanna »

Thank you Violence. Must be nice for you that PSB are coming to your city!
I have looked for information in Internet an booked a hotel (Orbis Posejdon) not far away from the arena and I am bringing a map so I think I will be fine :) I'm looking forward to going to Poland for the first time, I think it is an interesting country and probably I will go back and visit it again since I don't stay long this time, flying home again already on Thursday, back to work on Friday.
It's nice to get new experiences and an adventure like this thanks to Pet Shop Boys :)

joepsb

#10 Post by joepsb »

Violence wrote:We are very happy that people from another country coming for the PSB to my city (I living in Gdynia-near the Gdansk). I go with my friends for the concert too ...- of course. If you have some questions or need somethnig - I here :)
You find me on FB -Beata Parzych-Żochowska
Arrived in gdansk last night.
Violence Do you know if any trams goto the Ergo Arena from outside the main railway station( I think it's the main one anyway)
And also I'm leaving gdansk early thurs for flight to Berlin , any idea how long bus from outside railway takes to get there as taxi was expensive last night

Paulo

#11 Post by Paulo »

Enjoy the concert tonight.

Hanna

#12 Post by Hanna »

It was amazing as expected!
And for me personally the whole trip was fantastic including the scary flights :)

Corina

#13 Post by Corina »

Hanna wrote:It was amazing as expected!
And for me personally the whole trip was fantastic including the scary flights :)
Oh, yeah :clap:

Petheads are the bravest, aren`t they 8)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Hanna

#14 Post by Hanna »

:) I think actually I'm not scared of flying anymore. Maybe I will not be totally relaxed but now I think it's more exciting than scary! Pet Shop Boys and SAS cured me :) The personnel on the plane were absolutely amazing to me when I told them how scared I was. They did everything they could to make it easier for me, I was treated like I was some kind of VIP-person :)

RaciePSB

Re: Gdansk 4th September Two

#15 Post by RaciePSB »

I am such a dope! Hanna I was going to excitedly tell you I'd love to travel there with you. And then I saw the date. Two Years ago! I think I need a coffee. ;-)
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986