Best Pet Shop Boys Song Ever

All Community forum polls and results.

Which is the best Pet Shop Boys song ever?

West End Girls
29%
Go West
5%
Always on my mind
13%
It's a sin
34%
Can you forgive her?
19%

Total votes: 100

dVTB

#46 Post by dVTB »

Northernerrj wrote:For me the best is "The Survivors"
:D For me too, of course :wink:

Sjòn

#47 Post by Sjòn »

There are many great psb songs that, depending on my mood, I could choose the best of all. Right now, the best is My October Symphony

Ray

#48 Post by Ray »

King's Cross.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

krikra

#50 Post by krikra »

For me the best PSB song is 'Hit and Miss'... :D but of these songs - 'It's a sin' of course

Dreamcatcher2003

#51 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

krikra wrote:For me the best PSB song is 'Hit and Miss'... :D but of these songs - 'It's a sin' of course
As no single was released in Turkey, and there was no Amazon then, I had to wait for "Hit and Miss" until Further Releases...I cannot say "Hit and Miss" is the best song but I can safely say that no PSB song since "This Must be the Place..." had made me stop in the middle of what I was doing, and turned up the volume...It is almost a reincarnation of PSB's old-time poignancy which made them famous in the first place..but again lacking something as if they didn't try as much as they should, although they had the chance and it somehow feels as if the song needs one more make-up/ something akin to Popart Flamboyant and single Flamboyant.
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

glennjridge

#52 Post by glennjridge »

yeah I love hit and miss. something about that line "if your heart is cold and I seem too old, just think back to the first time we were in love".

thats a pretty heartbreaking line.

I feel its a great song with a less than stellar arrangement.something about the sound of the acoustic guitar turns me off.it sounds kinda muddy.

Hey Webmaster

Re: Best Pet Shop Boys Song Ever

#53 Post by Hey Webmaster »

How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously? (The Perfect Atittude Mix)

DopeFiend

#54 Post by DopeFiend »

Being Boring.
It's my most streamed PSB track, aside from songs off Hotspot.
My 2nd most is So Hard. 3rd is WE​G. I love Behaviour... King's Cross is my top streamed aside from anything off Behaviour or Hotspot.
IA​S isn't even one of my faves, neither is Go West nor Can You Forgiver Her tbh.

Meebabi

#55 Post by Meebabi »

Ooohhh….very difficult to choose just one. I’ll have to ponder on that.

Meebabi

Re:

#56 Post by Meebabi »

krikra wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2005, 11:35 am For me the best PSB song is 'Hit and Miss'... :D but of these songs - 'It's a sin' of course
Love “Hit & Miss”!!! Was just listening to it today. On repeat.

In general, many of their B sides tend to be my faves.

misterme

#57 Post by misterme »

Two covers among five songs ? By Pet Shop Boys songs I thought it would automatically imply that those are written by Pet Shop Boys...