The Sodom and Gomorrah Show

All Community forum polls and results.

The Sodom and Gomorrah Show, try to guess the chart postion being first single from Fundamental

Number 1
No votes
Top 3
3%
Top 5
3%
Top 10
50%
Top 20
29%
Top 50
16%

Total votes: 38

Ronald42

Re: The Sodom and Gomorrah Show

#16 Post by Ronald42 »

IMHO it would have been a better single. I'm with stupid has a little less hitpotenial.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Tom Angel

#17 Post by Tom Angel »

The Sodom and Gomorrah Show would have made a terrible single.

Minimal would have made the best lead single. The production is astonishing, and the Peter hook basslne takes it to a whole new place -whether that is the top 10 is another matter. I have actually grown to love I'm with stupid. It's got an amazing backing track and screams single really.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Nickname

#18 Post by Nickname »

Tom Angel wrote:The Sodom and Gomorrah Show would have made a terrible single.

Minimal would have made the best lead single. The production is astonishing, and the Peter hook basslne takes it to a whole new place -whether that is the top 10 is another matter. I have actually grown to love I'm with stupid. It's got an amazing backing track and screams single really.
The production is really good but the song has not enough quality. Do you really believe there are many differences between "Minimal" and "Shopping"?

Tom Angel

#19 Post by Tom Angel »

nickname wrote:
Tom Angel wrote:The Sodom and Gomorrah Show would have made a terrible single.

The production is really good but the song has not enough quality. Do you really believe there are many differences between "Minimal" and "Shopping"?
Only the melody!

retrofuturist

#20 Post by retrofuturist »

Only the spelling out of the title...
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

MikeyC

#21 Post by MikeyC »

nickname wrote:

Sure made for a great mash-up in The Fundamental Tour! 8)

Debussy

#22 Post by Debussy »

Sodom is the only track I skip from fundamental. To me it's too cheesey with major chords. Minimal is superb in my opinion. The last minute of it up there with their finest moments.

Nickname

#23 Post by Nickname »

Debussy wrote: The last minute of it up there with their finest moments.
Agree with that but only the last minute and editing a part of this last minute for the single versión.

Tom Angel

#24 Post by Tom Angel »

Debussy wrote:Sodom is the only track I skip from fundamental. To me it's too cheesey with major chords. Minimal is superb in my opinion. The last minute of it up there with their finest moments.

Same here. Minimal is the side of the boys that the public don't hear. - They hear Sodom, love is a bourgeois .. and Go west and think they only do camp. Yet there's a lush electronic which is failing to reach out - even Get it on line and particularly Entschuldigung, bu Minimal is massively single material - it's catchy and yet cool (although I kind of hate that phrase)
Last edited by Tom Angel on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickname

#25 Post by Nickname »

Tom Angel wrote: Yet there's a lush electronic which is failing to reach out - even Get it on line and particularly Entschuldigung
It's not obviously single material. :P

Palpatine

#26 Post by Palpatine »

The should have included Fugitive on Fundamental and released a proper single edit (not the crap edit on Beautiful People) as the lead single, followed by Minimal and a new mix of Integral - the album version sounds too 1995.

andmaste

#27 Post by andmaste »

MikeyC wrote:Didn't they originally announce that "Minimal" was going to be the first single?
Yes, they did.
Minimal was considered to be the 1st single.
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it