A question about "Shameless"

All Community forum polls and results.

Had "Shameless" like the opening track from "Very" done it a better album?

Yes, it fits perfectly like the first track before the original tracklist from "Very"
24%
It's only better because it had included a new track and/or "Shameless" is a good track
24%
I don't think "Shameless" had done "Very" a better album
52%

Total votes: 21

Ronald42

Re: A question about "Shameless"

#16 Post by Ronald42 »

In my playlist of Very, where all other B-sides come after the full album, It's found it's (to me) rightfull place between "Yesterday, When I Was Mad" and "The Theatre". As I always thought it belonged on the album it was a bit of a struggle to place it. But at the end of Side A (following the vinyl) it works very Very well.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Hillbilly

#17 Post by Hillbilly »

Maybe we love it so much just because it is a fabulous B-side? I don't think it should have been on the album, but if it were I had replaced "Go West" with it. It's a better closing than opening track I think, and "Can you forgive her?" is already a perfect opener.

TheGhostOfMyself

#18 Post by TheGhostOfMyself »

I always see Very as Neil's coming out album where every track was about his relationship (I'm guessing with the younger DJ) or his gay lifestyle. Shameless is very good b-side material - and too well produced for an album track in my view. It got a good outing on the Nightlife tour.

netvor87

#19 Post by netvor87 »

Shameless is a great song but I don't think it works as an opener to Very.

However, on my ipod I've made a special edit which features Shameless, Too Many People and Hey, Headmaster. I think these three tracks are better than One and One Make Five, One in a Million and Go West; that being said, I wouldn't remove any of these.

I was hesitant to add Confidential but I think it works o-k since it reminds me of To Speak Is a Sin.