Electric tour Vs Pandemonium tour

All Community forum polls and results.

Pandemonium tour Vs Electric tour - which do you prefer?

Pandemonium
67%
Electric
33%

Total votes: 18

Robotrock04

Electric tour Vs Pandemonium tour

#1 Post by Robotrock04 »

I've seen a few fans on various sites say they feel that Electric Tour is inferior to Pandemonium tour, so I felt it'd be interesting to try and generate a bit of discussion about it.

Personally I have to agree with those that feel Electric isn't quite as good as Pandemonium. I never attended either tour in person so I'm basing it on the video footage I've seen of both: the Pandemonium DVD and the Coachella stream video. Watching the Glastonbury 2010 performance on TV was what made me a fan, so perhaps I'm a little biased but I just don't feel Electric is as creative to watch. Plus, I get that it's meant to be a rave but that also means the tour stays the same throughout - it hasn't the same variety as Pandemonium. That applies to the set-list, obviously the nature of the show means that material from the likes of Behaviour has to be ignored. Understandable but it's a shame nonetheless. To be honest I think you have to be there more so with Electric to fully appreciate it. I haven't actually watched the Electric tour video since, but I've watched the Pandemonium DVD multiple times. Maybe my opinion will change if/when they do release an official DVD. That said I do find myself listening to the audio of the Electric tour a decent amount. Don't get me wrong, I still like it a lot, I just think it's not quite as good as Pandemonium.

Pod

Re: Electric tour Vs Pandemonium tour

#2 Post by Pod »

The Electric tour was good, but didn't have quite the appeal of the pandemonium tour for me.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

billiejo

Re: Electric tour Vs Pandemonium tour

#3 Post by billiejo »

Seen Pandy live three times (and numerous times on DVD)
Seen Electric live twice
Electric very good very but Pandy wins for me for variety.