Pet Shop Boys and the Eurovision Song Contest

All Community forum polls and results.

Do you think PSB want to take part of Eurovision song contest?

Yes and I'd like to watch them there.
10%
Yes but I woudn't like to watch them there.
7%
No, they wouldn't like to take part of it and I agree with that
63%
No, they wouldn't like to take part of it and I disagree with that
20%

Total votes: 30

Nickname

Pet Shop Boys and the Eurovision Song Contest

#1 Post by Nickname »

While PSB didn’t take the #Eurovision offer, good luck to everyone competing in #EurovisionSongContest2014 tonight.

NikacP0kac

Re: Pet Shop Boys and the Eurovision Song Contest

#2 Post by NikacP0kac »

I think Eurovision is a below-average music contest and I certainly wouldn't like PSB to take part in it, never ever. It's a bit embarrassing for them to even discuss it.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Nickname

#3 Post by Nickname »

NikacP0kac wrote:I think Eurovision is a below-average music contest and I certainly wouldn't like PSB to take part in it, never ever. It's a bit embarrassing for them to even discuss it.

In my opinion it's an amazing TV show one of the best all over the world and there are so many kinds of music I don't think you can say the level of it is below average.

If one day PSB wanted to take part of it, they'd have to go with an amazing good song and trying to make a very creative big performance in order to win and we know it's really difficult so it is better for them not to go.

ZiggyPSB

#4 Post by ZiggyPSB »

They should perform a song called Я не боюсь.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

NikacP0kac

#5 Post by NikacP0kac »

nickname wrote:In my opinion it's an amazing TV show one of the best all over the world and there are so many kinds of music I don't think you can say the level of it is below average.

If one day PSB wanted to take part of it, they'd have to go with an amazing good song and trying to make a very creative big performance in order to win and we know it's really difficult so it is better for them not to go.
Once again you and the story of PSB having another big hit. I wish they'd have it but I hope they won't have to turn to participating in something like Eurovision to succeed.

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Parkol

#6 Post by Parkol »

The rest of Europe jealous that UK and USA rule this market and sometimes... yes, Abba, A-ha, Rammstein - they got some attention. But Eurovision is quite weak. I can't imagine that U2 or Pink Floyd or Pet Shop Boys with Depeche Mode perform there to prove... for whom... to fight for the first place. No one is really intertestd in Swedish or German Music, no body cares abous Danish or Belgium projects... it's no good or bad. People from Europe sing in English to be closer to everyone... Relax, this market is not for Germany or Sweden. No body will never listen to German songs in German, because it's awful... How many music bands do I know from UK - a lot, from Sweden - 3 or 4, from Germany - 2-3. From Denamark - Aqua, from Belgium... hmmm no one, in spite of every year we have a new winner in Eurovision from Europe - but nobody cares. They dissapear...

dynamobjornen

#7 Post by dynamobjornen »

NO
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

NikacP0kac

#8 Post by NikacP0kac »

They disappear, the same with todays "pop stars", but when you follow your own path like Pet Shop Boys or Depeche Mode or like many did in the past without these unnecessary talent shows, they learned from their mistakes and they progressed with time, with each and every album (sometimes more, sometimes less) and that's what, I think, matters the most.

Today is all about quickly becoming something big from nothing and then quickly dissolving into nothing again.

ZiggyPSB

#9 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I think Winner is as close as we're going to get for PSB Eurovision, and that's in the past so its doneski.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

NikacP0kac

#10 Post by NikacP0kac »

Afterall, a song contest where the contestant is a bearded "woman" is just about everything but a SONG contest.

Bjossi

#11 Post by Bjossi »

No, I wouldn't want to see them there, not until the Eurovision song contest becomes a song contest at least.

tucky101

#12 Post by tucky101 »

Anyone watching it at the end see the fella in the front row cheering the winner and wearing a nightlife tour t-shirt?

Corina

#13 Post by Corina »

tucky101 wrote:Anyone watching it at the end see the fella in the front row cheering the winner and wearing a nightlife tour t-shirt?
me :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

PETHEAD72

#14 Post by PETHEAD72 »

U couldn't pay me to watch this dross
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

BugBoy

#15 Post by BugBoy »

Definately a NO to PSB doing it, Erasure on the other hand...
I Like Release!