Will "Electric" receive a Grammy nomination?

All Community forum polls and results.

Will "Electric" receive a Grammy nomination for "Best Dance/Electronica Album"?

Poll ended at Thu 05 Dec 2013, 8:30 pm

Yes. I even think "Electric" will WIN the award.
10%
Yes. "Electric" will be nominated, but will not win the award.
69%
No. "Electric" will not get nominated in this category.
21%

Total votes: 39

slavia71

Re: Will "Electric" receive a Grammy nomination?

#16 Post by slavia71 »

This is not a surprise. Pet Shop Boys are a non-entity in the U.S. The only way they were going to get nominated is if someone pulls out of a hat at random the names of groups who made an album this year to get a list of the finalist. This thing is a popularity contest.

petheadNOR96

#17 Post by petheadNOR96 »

Next year maybe?
Call the police, there`s a madman around

BoyStrange

#19 Post by BoyStrange »

Congratulations to Daft Punk for a clean sweep at last night's Grammy show!
They won all the five categories they were nominated for! Including Record of the Year and Album of the Year - and of course Best Electronica/Dance Album of the year.

Also a nod to Kraftwerk and Beatles for Lifetime Achievement Awards. Not a single day too early.

NikacP0kac

#20 Post by NikacP0kac »

Daft Punk winning the Album of the Year just shows how pointless these awards are. The only thing I'd give them a Grammy for is Most Over-hyped Artist of the Year.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

tottenhammattspurs

#21 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Mediocre at best
is is and isnt isnt

geowayne

#22 Post by geowayne »

Actually, I suspect the Pet Shop Boys weren't nominated in any category this time around may not be so much their "non-entity" status in the U.S. -- since they are *very* much an entity in the U.S. dance market -- but rather on account of them now being "indie" artists. I watched a report recently about the Grammy nomination process, and it starts with the record label submitting its roster of suggested candidates to the Grammy board. If the nobody makes that submission, the artists and their work aren't even considered for nomination. And artists on the big record labels have the best shot at getting the nominations. Yes, indie artists do sometimes get nominated and do sometimes win, but they tend to be the rare exceptions to the rule.