PSB and their singles chart future

All Community forum polls and results.

Who seriously cares about PSB having another UK singles chart hit?

Yes, I care. I want them to release the most commercial single and get a chart hit to show everyone else how its done.
27%
No, I don't care. As long as PSB are content to releasing singles with bonuses I'm happy enough.
73%

Total votes: 45

PSBForTheMasses

Re: PSB and their singles chart future

#16 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

jasonjohn wrote:Videos do matter.

Youtube is bigger than iTunes for music delivery.

A video does help. Don't be naive!
At least maybe it is an unofficial alternative to iTunes as a new "chart medium"?. The following comment is from Gaga's Applause's official video page and it is currently the most-liked one.

"21,271,472 Views Dont give up monsters"

Little monsters are trying to prove something but it escapes me :mrgreen:

karnsculpture

#17 Post by karnsculpture »

In the US, YouTube and other streaming service (audio or video) count towards Billboard chart placings, hence the organisation publicly frowning upon Gaga for encouraging her fans to "hype" the song.

This story made me laugh, artists and record companies have tried these tactics for decades, like in the 80s (yes I'm ancient) when record companies knew which were the "chart return" (sales reporting) shops for the UK the reps would ensure that those shops received stock at discounted prices, had more limited editions available, and some encouraged fans just to buy at those shops.

tottenhammattspurs

#18 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Still only got to number 5 in the UK though hasn't she!
is is and isnt isnt

Old Soak

#19 Post by Old Soak »

I really, really, really don't care. If they get a hit single naturally I would be delighted for them For old time's sake but the singles chart is so bereft of any credibility these days it's value has been diminished, principally by the ludicrous decision to allow downloads and thus play into the hands of bedroom-dwelling teenagers. I would be worried if the hit album run came to an end, therein lies the real buying taste of the wider public. I'm very happy they still bother with singles thanks to the opportunity to get remixes and, until recently, almost always superb additional tracks. It's the move away from that since setting up x2 which worries me.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Eldritch

#20 Post by Eldritch »

Old Soak wrote: I'm very happy they still bother with singles thanks to the opportunity to get remixes and, until recently, almost always superb additional tracks. It's the move away from that since setting up x2 which worries me.
The Electric singles are an exception really, because they have been so busy during the last 12 months, that they decided to put the two new b-sides they have for the Bourgeois single instead of Vocal. If anything, now they have more freedom to put out anything they want in as many formats as they prefer. EMI surely didn't want them to release three Elysium singles with several formats.
Click click drone

PSBForTheMasses

#21 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

karnsculpture wrote:In the US, YouTube and other streaming service (audio or video) count towards Billboard chart placings, hence the organisation publicly frowning upon Gaga for encouraging her fans to "hype" the song.

This story made me laugh, artists and record companies have tried these tactics for decades, like in the 80s (yes I'm ancient) when record companies knew which were the "chart return" (sales reporting) shops for the UK the reps would ensure that those shops received stock at discounted prices, had more limited editions available, and some encouraged fans just to buy at those shops.
Wow this forum is a treasure chest of information:) That explains why little monsters are sending private messages to watch the Applause video and find some hidden meanings as a part of a big online game:D

This means that I have to Watch EMIUS videos of the Boys instead of Parlaphone Vevo videos:)

goughsjd

#22 Post by goughsjd »

Since TOTP was cancelled I dont think anyone gives a sh!t about chart results or whats number 1 anymore .
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19