I think it should be an uptempo album
33%
I think it should be a balanced album
55%

Total votes: 33

Nickname

Slow and mature album

#1 Post by Nickname »

Apart from the "Alan Turing" project, theorically the new PSB album should be just the opposite from the previous one ("Electric"). So we should expect frome PSB a new slow album. I'm saying theorically.

The problem here is I think PSB are much attractive for general public and fans when they create uptempo albums (according to the sales it looks like that, "Behaviour" and "Elysium" were flops taking into account when each album was released).

So do you think PSB should try to create a more balanced album or even a bit uptempo than a slow album?

wieske

Re: Slow and mature album

#2 Post by wieske »

UPTEMPO, with no doubt. Think the songs are already written as well...
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

dynamobjornen

#3 Post by dynamobjornen »

nickname wrote:Apart from the "Alan Turing" project, theorically the new PSB album should be just the opposite from the previous one ("Electric"). So we should expect frome PSB a new slow album. I'm saying theorically.

The problem here is I think PSB are much attractive for general public and fans when they create uptempo albums (according to the sales it looks like that, "Behaviour" and "Elysium" were flops taking into account when each album was released).

So do you think PSB should try to create a more balanced album or even a bit uptempo than a slow album?
"Behaviour" a flop? Number 2 in the English album chart!

Let them create what they want, there is no problem if they should want to create a slower album. They are artists that have to do what they feel is right, not what you, "the fans" and "the general public" think they should do.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

BugBoy

#4 Post by BugBoy »

Overall I like the uptempo and slower stuff equally so I'm not bothered either way. They haven't failed me so far, I trust them to make an album they believe in.

I'm certainly not worried about what the 'general public' think and 99% of fans will buy whatever they produce unless they completely lose the plot and come up with something akin to the music which now clogs up the charts without even attempting to add some PSB gloss to it (highly unlikely).

Anyway the current album has only been out for a month so lets enjoy that before we start dissecting the next one!
Last edited by BugBoy on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Like Release!

Ghost within this house

#5 Post by Ghost within this house »

nickname wrote:Apart from the "Alan Turing" project, theorically the new PSB album should be just the opposite from the previous one ("Electric"). So we should expect frome PSB a new slow album. I'm saying theorically.

Yo, Biatch. Just get a pair of decks and +8/-8-it.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Bjossi

#6 Post by Bjossi »

I have never cared much for PSB's downtempo stuff aside for a couple of exceptions, so my vote goes for uptempo and always will regardless of the theme of the previous release.

Nickname

#7 Post by Nickname »

dynamobjornen wrote:
nickname wrote: The problem here is I think PSB are much attractive for general public and fans when they create uptempo albums (according to the sales it looks like that, "Behaviour" and "Elysium" were flops taking into account when each album was released).
?
I knew someone wasn't going to read the full sentence.

the8thark

#8 Post by the8thark »

I voted for downtempo (ie Elysium). Simply because the trilogy is a certainty now. And best to go out with a high on the 3rd. So the 2nd can be really reflective. And after these 3 who knows if they'll even make any more. They are not on the good side of 50 anymore.

I realise reflective is so not the PSB style, but personally for a change I really like it. In saying that I'm like the 3rd album could be 100% worked on together but 50% a lot more NT influences and the 2nd 50% al lot more CL influenced. And it won't be a relentless, as that was basically CL making whatever he wanted, knowing the fans would buy anything. THis 3rd album would sell as the PSB know how to make a commercially viable album.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

dynamobjornen

#9 Post by dynamobjornen »

nickname wrote:
dynamobjornen wrote:
nickname wrote: The problem here is I think PSB are much attractive for general public and fans when they create uptempo albums (according to the sales it looks like that, "Behaviour" and "Elysium" were flops taking into account when each album was released).
?
I did read the full sentence, what PSB albums had achived better position in the English charts up until that point? A bit hard to call a number 2 a flop regardless of the period when it was released dont you think?

And in many ways chart positions is beside the point. The point is that they need to take the liberty and release what they want to. They are artists, not up tempo hit producing machines.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

glennjridge

#10 Post by glennjridge »

balanced.....while electric is such an enjoyable CD I enjoy their ballads just a bit too much to want to go thru another whole CD without one of their patented mid tempo or slow orchestral songs.

Nickname

#11 Post by Nickname »

dynamobjornen wrote:
nickname wrote:
dynamobjornen wrote:
I did read the full sentence, what PSB albums had achived better position in the English charts up until that point? A bit hard to call a number 2 a flop regardless of the period when it was released dont you think?

And in many ways chart positions is beside the point. The point is that they need to take the liberty and release what they want to. They are artists, not up tempo hit producing machines.
"Behaviour" sold less units than the 3 or 2 previous PSB albums and the next one. It was the flop of the "Imperial Phrase".

vincenzosz

#12 Post by vincenzosz »

I like both their uptempo and downtempo stuff equally so either way. I'd prefer midtempo though. As long as its different from Electric. And it would be nice to have something "light" after the death themed Elysium and the moody club themed Electric.

Jamesqdot

#13 Post by Jamesqdot »

This is just never going to stop is it?

Eldritch

#14 Post by Eldritch »

If the slowies are as good as on Fundamental, I would love a totally "slow and mature album". But all in all, it's all about what they feel like doing next. If they try to force themselves to make a certain kind of album, no matter if it's downtempo or uptempo, it would just feel contrived.
Click click drone

retrofuturist

#15 Post by retrofuturist »

Let them do what they want to do - that is how they will create their best work.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)