"Electric" is going to improve the sales of... in the world?

All Community forum polls and results.

"Electric" is going to improve the sales of... in the world?

Elysium
69%
Elysium, Yes
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release, Nightlife
No votes
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release, Nightlife, Bilingual
No votes
Even better than their imperial phase
8%

Total votes: 13

Nickname

Re: "Electric" is going to improve the sales of... in the wo

#16 Post by Nickname »

the8thark wrote:Well Electric did get me to buy all of their albums pre Yes. I own none of them. And I'll get them all next week hopefully, the record store is mailing them to me via drip feed. One cd at a time.
Please, tell us how do you feel listening the full old stuff?.

the8thark

#17 Post by the8thark »

nickname wrote:
the8thark wrote:Well Electric did get me to buy all of their albums pre Yes. I own none of them. And I'll get them all next week hopefully, the record store is mailing them to me via drip feed. One cd at a time.
Please, tell us how do you feel listening the full old stuff?.
Will do. Once the lot has arrived to me piece by piece (should be by sometime next week I think), I'll take the time to listen to the lot and gladly review them all (in my opinion).
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

PSBForTheMasses

#18 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Just like the time when I had first bought Yes:) After that I hunted down all PSB records, starting with Discography, three to four items at one time, and almost completed my collection, only missing ithings are DVDs (they are too expensive for a student :( ) and Elysium :roll:

It is such an orgasmic experience to listen to them back to back:)

NikacP0kac

#19 Post by NikacP0kac »

PSBForTheMasses wrote:
It is such an orgasmic experience to listen to them back to back:)
*eargasmic :twisted: Nothing beats the real deal!

Anyway, I've become a follower in 2011 (I suddenly felt the urge to watch the Love Etc. video and there was no turning back since that) and by the time of Elysium I knew about every B-side and remix they've put out. I still don't have that much physical releases but am planning to expand my collection with the money from my summer job. The one which took me the longest to fall in love with was Bilingual and the one I loved most instanteniously was Introspective (I Want A Dog blew me away with that bassline). Anyway, I think being a young fan has lovely privileges but I would have loved to be a fan when they were on top of their game and be able to see them on the Performance Tour just as much I'd have liked to be around during Depeche's World Violation Tour. Behaviour and Violator are unrepeatable gems in the history of music.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant