"Electric" is going to improve the sales of... in the world?

All Community forum polls and results.

Elysium
69%
Elysium, Yes
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release
8%
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release, Nightlife
No votes
Elysium, Yes, Fundamental, Release, Nightlife, Bilingual
No votes
Even better than their imperial phase
8%

Total votes: 13

Nickname

#1 Post by Nickname »

What do you think?

Note:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20682
Last edited by Nickname on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamie1978

Re: "Electric" is going to improve the sales of....?

#2 Post by jamie1978 »

we already know the answer to this question: Electric has sold 50% more units than Elysium, but 50% less than Yes

Disco.

#3 Post by Disco. »

Only in the UK.

Nickname

#4 Post by Nickname »

jamie1978 wrote:we already know the answer to this question: Electric has sold 50% more units than Elysium, but 50% less than Yes
We don't know how much it can sell arround the world.

y3potential

#5 Post by y3potential »

"We don't know how much it can sell arround the world".[/quote]

Does your point here not contradict your original question...? :roll: :?

If we don't know "how much it's going to sell around the world", how can we say what other titles it will improve..?
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Tenlow

#6 Post by Tenlow »

nickname wrote:

Oh yes, we know. It will sell more than "Elysium" but that should be it then. It has sold 40k in the US, Germany and the UK combined in week one (which is always their strongest week no matter where). In other places it has charted well but mainly in countries where you need to sell only very few records to chart high (Denmark, Norway, Spain, Sweden etc.). So optimistically speaking, they may have sold 70-100k worldwide with "Electric" so far.
Numbers won't get any higher in the coming weeks, so if it will be able to sell more than 300k on the long run, it will have done well. And that's not nearly enough for "Yes" and the other albums.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Nickname

#7 Post by Nickname »

Tenlow wrote:
nickname wrote:

Oh yes, we know. It will sell more than "Elysium" but that should be it then. It has sold 40k in the US, Germany and the UK combined in week one (which is always their strongest week no matter where). In other places it has charted well but mainly in countries where you need to sell only very few records to chart high (Denmark, Norway, Spain, Sweden etc.). So optimistically speaking, they may have sold 70-100k worldwide with "Electric" so far.
Numbers won't get any higher in the coming weeks, so if it will be able to sell more than 300k on the long run, it will have done well. And that's not nearly enough for "Yes" and the other albums.
We we'll see if the album continues the UK's drop in the rest of the world. The thing is I think PSB have some good singles in their hands with "Electric" ("Love is a bourgeois construct", "Thursday", etc) and they can improve the sales in a long run. For example, all of us know "Thursday" can have some possibilities to improve the sales somewhere (not only we talk about UK). So we'll see what happens.

Disco.

#8 Post by Disco. »

Tenlow wrote:
nickname wrote:

Only 13,000 in Germany ?

Tenlow

#9 Post by Tenlow »

Disco. wrote:Only 13,000 in Germany ?

Approximately, yes. The number 1 album sold somewhere short of 30k and PSB have sold around 35% of that for the last 5 days of the week (the first two days more than that). Taking all that into account PSB should have sold somewhere between 12 and 15k.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Disco.

Re: "Electric" is going to improve the sales of... in the wo

#10 Post by Disco. »

Well, I do think that they will be closer to 100,000 first week than 70,000 mabye even more. In Denmark it has so far sold between 1,500 and 2,000. So when we add all those countries together it will be "quite" a lot. There are even countries where the album has gone up ! And the fall in Holland for instance(To my surprise) is very modest.

PSBForTheMasses

#11 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

I did not understand what the poll is trying to measure (as poll options and discussions talk about different things) but Electric has certainly improved the sales of Discography in the UK.

Old Soak

#12 Post by Old Soak »

Where's the "I don't understand the question" option?

Electric is going to sell more than these albums? OR
The effect of people thinking what s good album Electric is will have knock on sales for these back catalogue items? OR
Some other random point I'm missing entirely?
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Nickname

#13 Post by Nickname »

Old Soak wrote:Where's the "I don't understand the question" option?

The effect of people thinking what s good album Electric is will have knock on sales for these back catalogue items? OR
I mean, if you think the sales figure all over the world is going to be better than Elysium click the first option if you think it can sell more copies than Yes, choose the second one an so.

Andie

#14 Post by Andie »

nickname wrote:
Old Soak wrote:Where's the "I don't understand the question" option?

I mean, if you think the sales figure all over the world is going to be better than Elysium click the first option if you think it can sell more copies than Yes, choose the second one an so.
OK, I clicked the first option and so did everyone else!!! :lol:
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

the8thark

#15 Post by the8thark »

Well Electric did get me to buy all of their albums pre Yes. I own none of them. And I'll get them all next week hopefully, the record store is mailing them to me via drip feed. One cd at a time.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here