Shouting In The Evening
1%
Thursday
39%

Total votes: 214

jasonjohn

Re: Electric: Singles 3 & 4

#16 Post by jasonjohn »

This poll has only one rather obvious outcome!

markus

#17 Post by markus »

BugBoy wrote:
markus wrote:These results make no sense because on lastfm Bolshy is the third most played song after Axis and Vocal, beating Love is a bourgeois construct with a small margin.
How is that relavent? This poll is about what people think has the best single potential, not what they are listening to most!

Love is a bourgeois construct & The last to die for me
Well I'm voting Bolshy, it seems to be the one with universal appeal...or maybe lots of people give Electric a try out of curiosity and then switch off after Axis and Bolshy...(!?) Hard to tell.

Spittingcat

#18 Post by Spittingcat »

Thursday & Last to Die.

There are better tracks on the album than Last to Die, but it already sounds like a single.
In fact, it feels like a stand alone single bolted onto an otherwise coherent continuous album.

Also, as catchy as hell.

Mr Love

#19 Post by Mr Love »

Love is a bourgeois construct and Thursday, of course.

territorygal

#20 Post by territorygal »

Thursday, with a 'single edit' of some sort that draws Neil's voice out of the mix.

Last To Die
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

drunk14

#21 Post by drunk14 »

They said "Love" would be the next single, so what's the problem? :)
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

ZiggyPSB

#22 Post by ZiggyPSB »

drunk14 wrote:They said "Love" would be the next single, so what's the problem? :)
I won't believe it until it makes the Pet Text or the News on the OS.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

territorygal

#23 Post by territorygal »

They also said that the next album after Yes would have "the shortest title yet".
Until it's officially confirmed, grain of salt...
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

davee

#24 Post by davee »

"Thursday" has to be a single, but it needs an edit. The introductory section (the first minute) is too unvaried and would need to be heavily reduced. Perhaps if the edit can start with the chorus/hook that would work.

E-Mail Vampire

#25 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Bolshy & Fluorescent

Nickname

#26 Post by Nickname »

"Thursday" has to be a single. With litle changes to make it more commercial but I think the pontentiallity of this track is obvious.

dynamobjornen

#27 Post by dynamobjornen »

nickname wrote:"Thursday" has to be a single. With litle changes to make it more commercial but I think the pontentiallity of this track is obvious.
Probably even Neil & Chris knows your oppinion on this by now :D
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

NikacP0kac

#28 Post by NikacP0kac »

markus wrote:These results make no sense because on lastfm Bolshy is the third most played song after Axis and Vocal, beating Love is a bourgeois construct with a small margin.
The other tracks probably follow in the same order as the album tracklist so this doesn't mean a thing, it just means some people that have last.fm put the album on in hope of listening to it in its entirety then stop let's say, after Bolshy and then when they come back to it, just listen to it from the beginning starting with Axis. Tracks further down the tracklist never get the same amount of play as the tracks at the beginning, no matter how good they are. They only get more plays if they're a single, like Vocal.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Kiran

#29 Post by Kiran »

Old Soak wrote:Okay, so we've had Axis (sort of) and current single Vocal, but which two of the remaining seven Electric tracks do you think has the best singles potential in either it's current or a radio edit form?
We've had these? What lowly chart positions did they reach?
I rule. You don't.

markus

#30 Post by markus »

NikacP0kac wrote:
The other tracks probably follow in the same order as the album tracklist so this doesn't mean a thing, it just means some people that have last.fm put the album on in hope of listening to it in its entirety then stop let's say, after Bolshy and then when they come back to it, just listen to it from the beginning starting with Axis. Tracks further down the tracklist never get the same amount of play as the tracks at the beginning, no matter how good they are. They only get more plays if they're a single, like Vocal.
Thanks I came to a similiar conclusion eventually...

No would you please go contribute in the "Would you have bought recent albums if they hadn't been by P" topic, please. :)