No votes
1%
4%

Total votes: 112

Nickname

Re: "Inside a dream"

#31 Post by Nickname »

Tenlow wrote:
nickname wrote:Of course, I have to say the song is just perfect when it is not.
Well you also say that most psb b-sides are instrumental dance tracks...
Ok, "many" instead of "most". I mean this is a very Chris Lowe project and it's more dance oriented than pop. I think Chris had many instrumental tracks and a few up tempo pop songs they didn't go to include on Elysium and they decided to do a full album with all of the stuff. Although one or two tracks sounded a bit B sidish. I'm speculating a bit but I don't know why I thik it happened this way knowing a bit the way N & C work.

Tenlow

#32 Post by Tenlow »

nickname wrote:
Tenlow wrote:
nickname wrote:Of course, I have to say the song is just perfect when it is not.
Ok, "many" instead of "most".
Give me 5 true instrumental psb b-sides please

I can think of:

Casting a shadow, In the night 95,

and probably

Transparent, Disco Potential, Music for boys and Euroboy (and even they are not strictly instrumental)

So I wouldn't consider even 6 out of 70 or so "many"...
Last edited by Tenlow on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

NikacP0kac

#33 Post by NikacP0kac »

Jamesqdot wrote:Just when I think it isn't possible to disagree with Nickname more...
I think it's just time to ignore this guy completely because he's started using all kinds of methods to prove Thursday is the best, but in fact - IT ISN'T! DEAL WITH IT!
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Gary1962

#34 Post by Gary1962 »

A steady 6 from me.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

Jamesqdot

#35 Post by Jamesqdot »

Undertaker wrote:
Tenlow wrote:
Nobody is questioning what you think of a certain track. This place accepts every opinion. The problem is, you're getting on everyones tits with your obsession over one song and slagging everything else off. Half the tracks you haven't even heard for crying out loud and then you finish it by saying most b-sides are instrumentals :?
I know this isn't adding much to this thread, but I wanted you to know, Undertaker, that your post made me laugh so much I was getting funny looks from people walking past the car. :)

So thanks for that. Oh, gets a 9 from me. What a great birthday this is turning out to be. :)

luca857

#36 Post by luca857 »

By now we know 1/3 of the tracks, which for me is the average number of skips in a PSB album. I didn't bother listening to the concert clips, I must have a broken hearing system and can't get a serious idea of a track from those. Given that none of Axis, Vocal and Inside a dream have impressed me I'm starting to worry about my appreciation of Electric. Funnily enough, I'm beginning to sympathize with Nickname and his obsession for Thursday, if only to keep my hopes high.

Disco.

#37 Post by Disco. »

Tenlow wrote:
Does he even own a psb album ?

Tenlow

#38 Post by Tenlow »

Disco. wrote:
Tenlow wrote:
Does he even own a psb album ?
Yeah, at least the one where "Thursday" is on.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Patrick Bateman

#39 Post by Patrick Bateman »

nickname wrote:I'm afraid the rest of the album (the three songs haven't listened) is a bit like a compilation of B-sides.
:lol:

BugBoy

#40 Post by BugBoy »

nickname wrote:
Tenlow wrote:
Ok, "many" instead of "most". I mean this is a very Chris Lowe project and it's more dance oriented than pop. I think Chris had many instrumental tracks and a few up tempo pop songs they didn't go to include on Elysium and they decided to do a full album with all of the stuff. Although one or two tracks sounded a bit B sidish. I'm speculating a bit but I don't know why I thik it happened this way knowing a bit the way N & C work.
possibly 4 out of over 70 tracks could be termed as instrumental :wall: name them nickname, name them!
I Like Release!

Brian Boring

#41 Post by Brian Boring »

Make it stop! Somebody needs to put the heat on Neil and Chris to release Thursday imininently and put an end to all this, they have no idea what we're going through here! :(
......Fishing

le petit corbusier

#42 Post by le petit corbusier »

Brian Boring wrote:Make it stop! Somebody needs to put the heat on Neil and Chris to release Thursday imininently and put an end to all this, they have no idea what we're going through here! :(

Look left, then right
And run for your life

FormerEnfantTerrible

#43 Post by FormerEnfantTerrible »

Someone that has heard the full album said this song sounded like a Leaving remix. He was right. The fading is very reminiscent of the PSB mixes.
Did You See Me Coming?

Andie

#44 Post by Andie »

Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

jamie1978

#45 Post by jamie1978 »

nickname wrote:
"Later Tonight" and "Love comes quickly" were played live on concert. Both of them. "Inside a dream" is not being played.
They're not playing 'What have I done to deserve this?' either, so by your logic this is also a terrible song.

You really should probably just stop posting for a while, for your own sake more than anything else. As Neil said "life is not lived through a screen".

Inside a dream sounds excellent - fresh, yet with that unmistakable PSB familiarity. Love it.