1%
4%

Total votes: 112

joe stalin

Re: "Inside a dream"

#16 Post by joe stalin »

nickname wrote:
joe stalin wrote:hi nickname

I realise you are (like me) a big fan of Thursday but to me this track slightly shades that one now. I've listened to it probably 20 times already and like Ghost (above) think that the refrain (first heard from 2.15) is stunning and moving. Musically this track is complex and beautifully simple. Blimmin eck.. I wasn't expecting such a nice surprise.
I'm afraid the rest of the album (the three songs haven't listened) is a bit like a compilation of B-sides. In fact, most of the PSB B-sides are more or less instrumental dance tracks. There is a laziness feeling (the snippet of "Fluorescent" is very similar to that), I can't get into.
I think it sounds like a contemporary dance album. Although Axis sounded great, to me it lacked longevity. Vocal is better and Thursday better again (but it reminded me of The way it used to be). This track however, sounds fresh and new. I can now forsee a time when I can safely forget ever having to have endured Elysium.

Nickname

#17 Post by Nickname »

Old Soak wrote:Superb start crying out for an old fashioned extended remix. I gave it an 8 as it does tail off a little in the last minute and fail to live up to the intro BUT still great stuff. And better than Thursday... :P
Yes, that's why PSB play "Thursday" live in concerts and of course, they don't play "Inside a dream". :twisted:

joe stalin

#18 Post by joe stalin »

nickname wrote:
Old Soak wrote:Superb start crying out for an old fashioned extended remix. I gave it an 8 as it does tail off a little in the last minute and fail to live up to the intro BUT still great stuff. And better than Thursday... :P
Yes, that's why PSB play "Thursday" live in concerts and of course, they don't play "Inside a dream". :twisted:
errr... not sure I agree.

IMHO, two of the boys most wonderful creations are 'Later Tonight' and 'Love Comes Quickly' yet they are rarely played live. In contrast Go West and Always on my Mind sound to me rather formulaic and underwhelming. However, GW and Always on my mind work live and the other 2 don't. Doesn't stop Later Tonight being one of the greatest songs ever recorded

Nickname

#19 Post by Nickname »

joe stalin wrote:
nickname wrote:

IMHO, two of the boys most wonderful creations are 'Later Tonight' and 'Love Comes Quickly' yet they are rarely played live. In contrast Go West and Always on my Mind sound to me rather formulaic and underwhelming. However, GW and Always on my mind work live and the other 2 don't. Doesn't stop Later Tonight being one of the greatest songs ever recorded
"Later Tonight" and "Love comes quickly" were played live on concert. Both of them. "Inside a dream" is not being played.

Hillbilly

#20 Post by Hillbilly »

Not as good as "Vocal". Overproduced and lacking a chorus.

Nickname

#21 Post by Nickname »

joe stalin wrote:
nickname wrote:

"Later Tonight" and "Love comes quickly" were played live in concert on other tours. Both of them. "Inside a dream" is not being played on "Electric".

One of the crowd

#22 Post by One of the crowd »

nickname wrote: In fact, most of the PSB B-sides are more or less instrumental dance tracks. .
Complete bollocks.
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

Jamesqdot

#23 Post by Jamesqdot »

Just when I think it isn't possible to disagree with Nickname more...

Nickname

#24 Post by Nickname »

Of course, I have to say the song is just perfect when it is not.

PSBee

#25 Post by PSBee »

I like Vocal a lot but IMHO, this is better. More creative, less 'obvious' or mainstream.

Glenny4

#26 Post by Glenny4 »

Surprisingly not keen on it, give it a 6

Boring90

#27 Post by Boring90 »

9/10
Las Vegas 1999

debbieveda

#28 Post by debbieveda »

Was that what it was???

Tenlow

#29 Post by Tenlow »

nickname wrote:Of course, I have to say the song is just perfect when it is not.
Well you also say that most psb b-sides are instrumental dance tracks...
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Undertaker

#30 Post by Undertaker »

Tenlow wrote:
nickname wrote:Of course, I have to say the song is just perfect when it is not.
Well you also say that most psb b-sides are instrumental dance tracks...
Nobody is questioning what you think of a certain track. This place accepts every opinion. The problem is, you're getting on everyones tits with your obsession over one song and slagging everything else off. Half the tracks you haven't even heard for crying out loud and then you finish it by saying most b-sides are instrumentals :?
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.