4%
No votes
1%
4%

Total votes: 112

D.J.

Re: "Inside a dream"

#61 Post by D.J. »

It's a very unique song in PSB cannon. At first when I heard it I was like "What the hell?..." From some reviews I expected something in the vein of songs from album Please, but we got something so modern, so fresh with retro elements sprinkled on top, such as those bells. I guess the comparison to Please is because of the toughness of the rhythm track + those classic (but updated) PSB synth sounds.

D.J.

#62 Post by D.J. »

Oh yeah, it's a bit too early to rate for me, but it's at least an 8. 8)

ZiggyPSB

#63 Post by ZiggyPSB »

A modest 7 from me. Not blowing me away.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

jamie1978

#64 Post by jamie1978 »

play it on a good sound system, loud - feel the bass... and dance

amazing

le petit corbusier

#65 Post by le petit corbusier »

So far, it's becoming my favorite of the ones we have in decent quality (Axis and Vocal).

At times, that big percussion and those spacey synths make me think of The boy who couldn't keep his clothes on. Very different songs, though.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

NikacP0kac

#66 Post by NikacP0kac »

le petit corbusier wrote:So far, it's becoming my favorite of the ones we have in decent quality (Axis and Vocal).

At times, that big percussion and those spacey synths make me think of The boy who couldn't keep his clothes on. Very different songs, though.
In my opinion, it reminds me of Some Speculation (detached vocal, spacey synths and feel, epic slow-burner, not up-tempo but dance-y). This, I might add, is a great thing.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Greendrake

#67 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michael888

#68 Post by michael888 »

Greendrake wrote:Can anyone tell me please what are those synthetic (or Chris'?) words said in the beginning? My non-native ear hears something like "That post.. is swapped" but I can't be really sure.
They're missing from the official lyrics.
Pretty sure, and mentioned, the voice is Neil's.
A small voice of calm and reason.

NikacP0kac

#69 Post by NikacP0kac »

Greendrake wrote:Can anyone tell me please what are those synthetic (or Chris'?) words said in the beginning? My non-native ear hears something like "That post.. is swapped" but I can't be really sure.
They're missing from the official lyrics.
My opinion: "That voice...is like". It fits the lyrics afterwards, that voice is like, taking a ride inside a dream..
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Greendrake

#70 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSBee

#71 Post by PSBee »

http://youtu.be/Hc1dTbCR4Js

Not sure if it's been posted on this thread before but check out the link. An incredible video to this masterpiece. Very haunting!!!

Tom Angel

#72 Post by Tom Angel »

That is a lovely clip actually, which led me to this rather lovely 'ethereal' extended version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZId5SzK-v0
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

jules

Re: Poll "Inside a dream"

#73 Post by jules »

Ghost within this house wrote:My God this is indescribably cool.

The section 2.15-2.54 is just utterly, utterly amazing.

Tears in my eyes. We are so, so lucky.
I agree. It's the best part of electric for me.

While Fluorescent has nice sounds, but the track itself doesn't give me any pleasure and is just boring.