Do you think is a good idea or it's too soon to play live...

All Community forum polls and results.

Do you think is a good idea or it's too soon to play live the main songs from "Electric"?

No, I think is too soon
21%
Yes, why not?
79%

Total votes: 28

Nickname

Do you think is a good idea or it's too soon to play live...

#1 Post by Nickname »

the main songs from "Electric"?

West End Boy

Re: Do you think is a good idea or it's too soon to play liv

#2 Post by West End Boy »

I think it is too soon for two reasons:

a) they're sort of giving away momentum and damp their fans excitement by revealing major new tracks more than 2 months ahead of the album release

b) A decent part of their audience (if not the majority of people attending!) during the tour will be what I call non-die-hard-fans, e.g. the ones who know all their major hit singles but nothing else. Playing too many songs that are unknown to this group will automatically lead to a less enthusiastic atmosphere among the people in the audience. And the "Electric" setlist already has many songs in it that might be a turn-off for these "casual fans" (I'm not scared, all songs from Elysium, Fugitive etc.). I'm not saying they should stick to just playing their hits, but they have to find the right balance in order to cater to their audience. The Pandy tour was very good at finding the right balance of hits and more obscure tracks I think.

However, I as a die-hard-pethead would love to hear as many new tracks as possible. But as I said: us petheads, we will be a minority in the audience of their concerts so it's always tough for them to decide which songs to play... There must be something in the set for every sort of fan - I truly wouldn't wanna be them right now, having to decide which songs make the cut...
From summer warmth to sudden cold

Nickname

#3 Post by Nickname »

In my opinion "Invisible" is not a track to be played on tour. It's too cold, too slow, too unknown between no fans.

billiejo

#4 Post by billiejo »

nickname wrote:In my opinion "Invisible" is not a track to be played on tour. It's too cold, too slow, too unknown between no fans.
Totally agree

le petit corbusier

#5 Post by le petit corbusier »

The headline is incomplete. I had to click to find out in the end that I didn't care.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

le petit corbusier

#6 Post by le petit corbusier »

Double post.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

goughsjd

#7 Post by goughsjd »

No certainly not !
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

One of the crowd

#8 Post by One of the crowd »

I went to see The Chemical Brothers play their album Further in full before release

No, its not too soon.
    Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

karnsculpture

#9 Post by karnsculpture »

It used to be the case that bands would test out new material prior to recording to work out which the audience would respond to; in the PSBs case the audience response might help them decide on which to release as singles. I have absolutely no problem with hearing something new - Pet Shop Boys are not a nostalgia act.

Danimal

#10 Post by Danimal »

The above post is spot on. Besides, in this age of 247 information and constant leaks does it really matter anymore? I wouldn't be surprised if PSB didn't authorize the leak of the final setlist themselves.

Danimal

#11 Post by Danimal »

To be totally honest with you, I'm kind of surprised they just don't offer a $125.00 a year subscription service for the fanbase that includes instant lossless downloads of all albums and singles as soon as they're completed, one physical copy of each product, and a subscription to Literally. They could also continue to maintain a standard release schedule for the one or two hundred thousand casual fans they may have out there.

Andie

#12 Post by Andie »

billiejo wrote:
    nickname wrote:In my opinion "Invisible" is not a track to be played on tour. It's too cold, too slow, too unknown between no fans.
    Totally agree
    I also agree, even though it's my favourite track from Elysium. To me it's something to be listened to in the right atmoshphere and a tour concert doesn't seem appropriate.
    Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

PetShopBairn

#13 Post by PetShopBairn »

I love another band from London called White Lies. I've seen them four times and every time the atmosphere is incredible. One time though they played a few tracks from their forthcoming album and the crowd went totally flat. Now I have the album and the tracks have grown on me I think they're amazing and would love to hear them played live again.

All that said, Pet Shop Boys could sing Agadoo live and i'd love it!

Tero

#14 Post by Tero »

With a thirty year career they're bound to play songs the majority of the audience isn't going to recognise...
    So why not play new songs if they fit in?

It's not like they're expecting or needing a huge audience participation on every song.

minimal

#15 Post by minimal »

It's one of their most atmospheric and absorbing songs to date. It's outstanding. Therefore, I'm glad they decided to add Invisible to their setlist.

m+