2%
No votes
1%
1%

Total votes: 126

Deschanel

Re: Rate "AXIS"

#31 Post by Deschanel »

Very cool, even chilly, electronic and diamond-hard. (The diamond imagery recurs with the lasers, in ways that transform into also ..forgive me, vaginal ones, in an abstract way.) I like when PSB go from heartfelt and soul-searching back to pure style and sound, and then back again. This one's diamond-hard imagery and sound, and I like it very much. Won't rate it with a number though.

We also get a bit of classic Vocoder! That is agonizingly hard to understand. Mysterious! Which is how I like the Boys.

jasonjohn

#32 Post by jasonjohn »

I'd rate it behind almost every lead / first-heard track, like Winner, Invisible, Psychological, Love Etc, etc.

But, as a thumping exciter, it's brilliant.

moxlox

#33 Post by moxlox »

I like it, but its not on a level of greatestness like Love Etc was (that for me was there best single since Can You Forgive Her?). I'd also say I like Leaving more.

But it's good and I am very excited for the album and the electro direction. Bring it on, it's gonna be fun :)
Circuses and Bread

Andie

#34 Post by Andie »

I gave it 9. Still excited by it!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Nickname

#35 Post by Nickname »

moxlox wrote:I like it, but its not on a level of greatestness like Love Etc was (that for me was there best single since Can You Forgive Her?). I'd also say I like Leaving more.

But it's good and I am very excited for the album and the electro direction. Bring it on, it's gonna be fun :)

I don't think it is a real single to be honest.

moxlox

#36 Post by moxlox »

nickname wrote:
moxlox wrote:I like it, but its not on a level of greatestness like Love Etc was (that for me was there best single since Can You Forgive Her?). I'd also say I like Leaving more.

I don't think it is a real single to be honest.
Yeah I'm not sure on that (is it a single or not) either. But guess we don't know yet if a Single we be an entity in this new X2 era of PSB. Obviously I'm hoping Singles, with b-sides and remixes on a CD, will be part of this era. If they do have singles, will Axis be categorised as one or not? Time will tell.
Circuses and Bread

retrofuturist

#37 Post by retrofuturist »

This, along with the recently uploaded Mint Royale track GTFU, and I'm in electo heaven at the moment. I give it a 9.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

moxlox

#38 Post by moxlox »

retrofuturist wrote:This, along with the recently uploaded Mint Royale track GTFU, and I'm in electo heaven at the moment. I give it a 9.
Retrofuturist - I love your avatar!
Circuses and Bread

boyjohn

#39 Post by boyjohn »

The video is both intense and hilarious and really looks awesome on a big screen. The person that told them they wanted more strobes and banging must have really made an impact on them, because the video seems to be made for that person.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Super Duper

#40 Post by Super Duper »

I voted 10 becuase its 10 times better than Winner :D

Eldritch

#41 Post by Eldritch »

An 8 from me. I agree with GhostITH that it's good for what it is, but I'm still missing the Neil vocals. But I'm really looking forward to the album and the more traditional pop songs but with a looser structure that Neil said the majority of the album would be like. Bolshy and Vocal sound Axis-like dance tracks to me, but the rest might be more pop.
Click click drone

Ronald42

#42 Post by Ronald42 »

I love it. It P*****s al over Elycium, which never should have been released. It's the first time I'm excited over a PSB release since Fundamental.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Bjossi

#43 Post by Bjossi »

Eldritch wrote:An 8 from me. I agree with GhostITH that it's good for what it is, but I'm still missing the Neil vocals. But I'm really looking forward to the album and the more traditional pop songs but with a looser structure that Neil said the majority of the album would be like. Bolshy and Vocal sound Axis-like dance tracks to me, but the rest might be more pop.
I do like Neil's singing but this style I find both more interesting and more fun to listen to, especially after the very lyric-rich Elysium. Electric to Elysium is kind of like what Relentless is to Very, except Electric is getting a whole lot more attention, Relentless has always been this difficult-to-get gem.

retrofuturist

#44 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
moxlox wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:This, along with the recently uploaded Mint Royale track GTFU, and I'm in electo heaven at the moment. I give it a 9.
Check out the Sketch Shop Boys link in my signature... it's not my site, as I can't draw (!!!)... but I really like it.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

moxlox

#45 Post by moxlox »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
moxlox wrote:
Check out the Sketch Shop Boys link in my signature... it's not my site, as I can't draw (!!!)... but I really like it.

Retro. :)
Brilliant! I love it! Thanks :D
Circuses and Bread