2%
No votes
1%
1%

Total votes: 126

Gary1962

Re: Rate "AXIS"

#16 Post by Gary1962 »

A 6 from me - it's average at best and the break section of noise is awful and ruins the track. Whilst it is different there is nothing there that you would say has PSB DNA in the track.

I'm a bit worried about the direction of this album. Could be a big gamble putting this album out, it could work for them but could also be a disaster.

With PSB singles I always think how they would fit on a singles compilation, I can't see this track fitting in at all with a future compilation ...not that we need one!

From what I have heard the only similar album would have to be "Relentless".
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

maxboyd

#17 Post by maxboyd »

I give it a 10. It's very edgy and def electro. I think it's perfect intro song for a CD called Electric. What did you expect a ballad? It has a Relentess je ne sais especially KDX 125.
Se A Vida E
USA Pethead
You don't have to be in Who's Who to know What's What!

Bjossi

#18 Post by Bjossi »

Gary1962 wrote:I'm a bit worried about the direction of this album. Could be a big gamble putting this album out, it could work for them but could also be a disaster.
And what disaster could that be? That they become unpopular and don't get any radio attention?

jut2k

#19 Post by jut2k »

It's a 10 from me. Maybe/probably that will dip over time, but releasing something so blisteringly exciting and un-single-like should be applauded. And thank God the video is ace.

PSBForTheMasses

#20 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

I just gave a bloody 10. If I could give more than it I would. There is enough Neil that keeps you remembering that this is very PSB and the vibe is outstanding. The entire office personnel could not help but moved some bodily part without even knowing it, it is so epic, so addictive and it just crushes on you. I can't believe that there are some people STİLL complaining. Anyway, colors and tastes issue.

The best part starts at 1.30 and then turns into A FULL NON-STOP EPIC.

When I first listened to the Pet Shop Boys, (Yes album) I never thought they were so brilliant, so talented.

Radiophonic

#21 Post by Radiophonic »

Can I ask who voted a '2'?
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

PSBForTheMasses

#22 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Radiophonic wrote:Can I ask who voted a '2'?
Stephano or whathisname is??:)

luca857

#23 Post by luca857 »

:mrgreen: It was me.

Sorry but after all the hype and excitement, listening to the full track was really disappointing for me. I think in all honesty I'd prefer an occasional The sound of the atom splitting (for the ironic lyrics) or Disco potential (longing for the Disco-disco string bits) rather than the chaotic Axis. Maybe it'll grow with time.

Anyway thanks for asking, somehow your question cheered me up.

Radiophonic

#24 Post by Radiophonic »

luca857 wrote:
:mrgreen: It was me.

Sorry but after all the hype and excitement, listening to the full track was really disappointing for me. I think in all honesty I'd prefer an occasional The sound of the atom splitting (for the ironic lyrics) or Disco potential (longing for the Disco-disco string bits) rather than the chaotic Axis. Maybe it'll grow with time.

Anyway thanks for asking, somehow your question cheered me up.
And you answered graciously. I was concerned my question was confrontational and that was not the intention.

Thank you. :)
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

Bjossi

#25 Post by Bjossi »

Who knows, perhaps there will be an Atom splitting on this album. The last one was Enfant Terrible from the Yes era. I really enjoy these tracks.

Old Soak

#26 Post by Old Soak »

Fantastic and daring choice if this is the first single. Could easily have been on Relentless. As others have commented, banging. Is that the My Bad Sister twins in the suits and heads?
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Nickname

#27 Post by Nickname »

The thing is the song is having good ratings wich is a really good thing.

Bjossi

#28 Post by Bjossi »

I don't know, 1 dislike for each 21 likes on the Youtube video is kind of underwhelming.

West End Boy

#29 Post by West End Boy »

Gary1962 wrote: I'm a bit worried about the direction of this album. Could be a big gamble putting this album out, it could work for them but could also be a disaster.
Truly a sick gamble they're making here. This could go either way, you're right:

Option 1 (if the album is well received) :
The entire PSB fanbase (and roughly 10-20 other people) buy this album. The fanbase likes it and therefore continues to buy anything the boys put out over the next couple of years

Option 2 (if the album is not well received):
The entire PSB fanbase (and roughly 0-3 other people) buy this album. The fanbase (except for a few rebels) does not like and... still continues to buy anything the boys put out over the next couple of years.

Seems like Neil and Chris are once again at a real turning point of their career, a make-it-or-break-it sort of moment.

;-)
From summer warmth to sudden cold

vincenzosz

#30 Post by vincenzosz »

I think it's good, but it's not amazing for a single. Personally, I don't think it's a full fledged single. I think it's the "invisible" of Electric, a taster to have an idea of the sound. And they are doing the smart thing and seller this "taster", because why not?

I think Love is a borgeios construct will be the first full fledged single with b-sides, etc.

Axis is definitely a great opening track though! It sounds goood! And the video is one of their best....ever!