Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 41

Tom Angel

Re: "Electric" = a new "Very" ?

#31 Post by Tom Angel »

The Usual nonsense. Very IS of its time, and as such is frankly perfect.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

panda magic

#32 Post by panda magic »

i always had this idea (hear me out) that they should have ended Discography with "dj culture" and saved "was it worth it?" for Very in place of "one in a million" (which then would have been the b-side of "go west," with "shameless" going on Very where it belongs, in place of "one and one make five.") the video mix of "how can you expect to be taken seriously?" would then have filled the gap left by "was it worth it?" on Discography. this would have made for a more exhausting but ultimately more consistent Very.

i think i'd be happier if Electric resembled "fugitive" more than anything on Very.

Monopoly Of Noise

#33 Post by Monopoly Of Noise »

panda magic wrote:ithink i'd be happier if Electric resembled "fugitive" more than anything on Very.
l

me too, and I think this is closer to what we will be getting. As someone else said, Disco3 sans remixes.

grantwww

#34 Post by grantwww »

I guess I want "Electric" to be "Electric". We already have "Very", "Relentless", "Introspective", etc, etc and they are all great in their own way. I want "Electric" to have its own way.

Nickname

#35 Post by Nickname »

I have my doubts about the quailty of this album, we know two songs of it. "Axis" is good enough but not something really exceptional, the cover of Bruce Springsteen is a bit weak in my opinion. These tracks are supposed to be two of the best songs of the album except the single/s (1 or 2, I suppose).

Maybe, the best PSB tracks of these years take part of "Elysium".
Last edited by Nickname on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick Bateman

#36 Post by Patrick Bateman »

nickname wrote:I have my doubts about the quailty of this album, we know two songs of it. "Axis" is good enough but not something really exceptional, the cover of Bruce Springsteen is a bit weak in my opinion. These tracks are supposed to be the two of the best songs of the album except the single (1 or 2, I suppose).

As optimistic as ever, nickers.....

Blogo

#37 Post by Blogo »

nickname wrote:I have my doubts about the quailty of this album, we know two songs of it. "Axis" is good enough but not something really exceptional, the cover of Bruce Springsteen is a bit weak in my opinion. These tracks are supposed to be the two of the best songs of the album except the single (1 or 2, I suppose).
Are you basing this the YouTube quality clips?

:?
Listen without prejudice

Nickname

#38 Post by Nickname »

Blogo wrote:

Yes, why not?.

Blogo

#39 Post by Blogo »

nickname wrote:
Blogo wrote:

Yes, why not?.

Just wondering where you were basing these assumptions on. Now I know.
Listen without prejudice

One of the crowd

#40 Post by One of the crowd »

nickname wrote:I have my doubts about the quailty of this album, we know two songs of it. "Axis" is good enough but not something really exceptional, the cover of Bruce Springsteen is a bit weak in my opinion. These tracks are supposed to be two of the best songs of the album except the single/s (1 or 2, I suppose).

I really wish you would just f*** off with your negative input.

Youve based your doubts on poor quality youtube clips. How sad.

How do YOU know these are the two of the best songs on the album? Come on, how do you know?

Ive said before, you are nothing but anti PSB. Dont bother closing the door on your way out
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

Ghost within this house

#41 Post by Ghost within this house »

When I think of Nickname, I always imagine Nien Numb, Lando Calrissian's neurotic co-pilot in Return of the Jedi. No good at posting images (maybe Patrick could oblige?).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nien_Nunb
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Undertaker

#42 Post by Undertaker »

Same person was moaning 6 months ago that Elysium was too slow and boring.

Ghost within this house

#43 Post by Ghost within this house »

His Twitter monicker is KingsCros.... "Wake up in the morning and there's still no guarantee (as to the quality of an album I haven't heard yet...")
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

chrissyboy

#44 Post by chrissyboy »

I really wish you would just f*** off with your negative input.
Youve based your doubts on poor quality youtube clips. How sad.

Hang on, so it is ok to base a positive opinion on the youtube clips but not a negative one? Weird.

To me, Axis sounds PSB by numbers and The Last to Die is just ok - a bit dull. Still, hopefully there will be something exceptional on Electric.

Andie

#45 Post by Andie »

Ghost within this house wrote:His Twitter monicker is KingsCros.... "Wake up in the morning and there's still no guarantee (as to the quality of an album I haven't heard yet...")

:lol:

Good one!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars