Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Final results of poll on Neil's best female persona in a PSB song

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on Neil's best female persona in a PSB song

#1 Post by geowayne » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 7:03 am

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked my site visitors to choose the Pet Shop Boys song in which they feel Neil does the best or most convincing job of portraying a female narrator. And the song that received the most votes was:

* "Rent," picked by 38.9% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll -- which will run for two weeks, as will all of my other polls for the summer months (though I reserve the prerogative of changing my mind about that) -- asks you to choose the PSB studio album that has the strongest "opening salvo" of three successive songs. In other words, which three songs in a row constitute what you believe to be the strongest opening of a Pet Shop Boys studio album? So please take a moment to make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Andrew Smith for suggesting this question!

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have a fantastic couple weeks ahead!

retrofuturist

Re: Final results of poll on Neil's best female persona in a PSB song

#2 Post by retrofuturist » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 3:15 am

I understand why it's not there, but for me the triptych of:

- In The Night (Arthur Baker remix)
- Suburbia (The Full Horror)
- Opportunities (Version Latina)

... on Disco is hard to go past!

In the absence of Disco, I went for Electric.