Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Final results of poll on album farthest from their comfort zone

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on album farthest from their comfort zone

#1 Post by geowayne » Sun 29 Jan 2017, 6:54 am

The final results are in for my poll this past week, in which I asked my site visitors to choose the Pet Shop Boys albums that take them farthest from their musical "comfort zone." And that albums that received the most votes were:

* Release, picked as the *studio* album that takes them farthest from their musical comfort zone by 67.3% of the voters; and

* their ballet The Most Incredible Thing chosen as the PSB/Tennant-Lowe "special project" that takes them farthest from their comfort zone by 55.8%.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click he appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead sets up one of my occasional imaginary scenarios and calls for a choice based upon it. In this case, I'm listing twelve of the Boys' single b-sides that received the highest ratings in my periodic "Rating Project" surveys, and I'm asking you to imagine that they were never released before, but instead have just been released as the tracks on a brand new PSB studio album. How would you compare such an album with all of their other studio albums? Would it be one of their best? One of their weakest? Or somewhere in the middle? So please check out the list of songs and then make your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

jasonjohn

Re: Final results of poll on album farthest from their comfort zone

#2 Post by jasonjohn » Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:45 am

Hm, interesting.

Since Release is arguably them doing what comes naturally to them without the exertion of a bigger production setup.

I guess given it's a "least favourite" album for many people, they just equated that.

alternativeformat

Re: Final results of poll on album farthest from their comfort zone

#3 Post by alternativeformat » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 3:33 pm

Sharing a sequence for these twelve tracks that I think has a nice momentum.
For a title, I'm going with "Project", as the set originates from Wayne's Rating Project, and encompasses most of the three-decade (and counting) stretch of the Pet Shop Boys project.

Pet Shop Boys PROJECT

After the event
The truck-driver and his mate
Shameless
Always
Delusions of grandeur
Miserablism

The resurrectionist
Too many people
Hit and miss
Fugitive
Your funny uncle