Introspective Test Pressing Clear Vinyl

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Orbitxxx

Introspective Test Pressing Clear Vinyl

#1 Post by Orbitxxx »

The often discussed Introspective Test Pressing on Clear vinyl. Can someone tell me why it has a bar code as my other PSB tests don't have bar codes,
Many thanks,
Orbitxxx

agent doris

Re: Introspective Test Pressing Clear Vinyl

#2 Post by agent doris »

Because someone at the pressing plant simply put some clear vinyls in the press at the end of the run! I don’t see this or the Can you forgive her? coloured vinyls as 100% official. However, that is just my opinion...

Piotrek

Re: Introspective Test Pressing Clear Vinyl

#3 Post by Piotrek »

Agent is correct.
The Introspective clear vinyls were simply done by pressing plant workers for their own amusement. This release was not sanctioned by the Boys or their office, hence why there is no separate catalogue number.
To summerise, this is an unofficial release.
To add to some people's obsession with this "mythical" release, EIL.com have added wood to the fire by claiming out of thin air that there were 10 copies pressed, and it is the rarest PSB release. This was simply done to justify the massive price tag on this bootleg LP they were flogging. At one stage EIL had two copies for sale, clearly having been taken for a ride by profiteering chancers, and failed to explain in a concise manner, how they came to own 20% of the rarest of allegedly rare of PSB collectibles.